or Connect

Posts by asobu

I've watched it several times now, I liked it when I saw the first pics but I absolutely love it now, seeing it in motion from the front, side and back. will try to post a few more impressions later when I have more time Also woke up this morning with pangs of regret from selling you that white ss94 (?) rayon coat Ivwri... hehe
Yea, man, big congrats! And for anyone who might be interested, the full SS13 show in HD quality http://vimeo.com/45566127
px4: that detail was on many of the aw08 pieces, it's removable as far as I know? On several jackets as well. From the He's used his name and signature on many pieces, in many ways, over his career. I'm on my phone now so i cant be bothered to post photo examples but: For instance, look at the signature use in AW07 on many of the knit panel jackets, on ss08 he did several patches with his name, ss07 had the "yohji yamamoto 100%" tees, ss02 used his embroidered...
Damn that's dope, David. Like the bottom-heavy silhouette, with these fabrics I bet it feels and looks great in motion.
Yeah, this was true for me too. His shows were my favorites for several years before I actually bought anything, with the exception of a few things off supermarket. It was when I spent more time in Tokyo and could try on things from both current and older collections that I really started getting into wearing it - seeing and handling new stuff pretty much every day - and it was quite a quick decent into fashunz monogamy from there on.Still, few of us can handle in person...
Hehe, well, I don't want to get into a debate about this but my comment this time wasn't related to whether it's not worth archiving them or not, I just wanted to bring up that I don't think those cotton fabrics (despite both being 100% I assume) would be the same even though they share the same composition. However, like Ivwri also confirmed, it's good to know this so you guys can detail the season when archiving these codes since they can vary - as you already made clear...
Not to bring this up again (well... hehe) but are you sure it's the same cotton? Fabric codes are definitely not season cross-over. Trousers sound interesting, is the fabric delicate? They look really good bunched up across the waist like that, nice cut. Good simple fit overall!
Yeah this has been on for at least a couple of months now, not sure why no one's picking it up. It's not my size, otherwise I might've. Love this pattern, I'm still after the shorts from L1. Wouldn't mind the suit either, and this cut would work better for me than the db I think.That's a good description, hehe. I know exactly what you mean... I thinkMakes sense to me that he wanted to go more conceptual after the (terrific) best-of of aw10. He did the psychedelic prints...
The slimmer silhouettes definitely started before any kind of post-AW09 era. Perhaps AW07 is some sort of transitional collection (most of it still fit pretty big) but by SS08 there was definitely a shift. SS08, AW08 AND AW09 all fit considerably slimmer in general, so this has nothing to do with slimming down the silhouettes to sell more after the restructuring. I agree with dante that the styling pushed aw09 in that direction (apparently insipred by his year in paris),...
Great fits on this page, guys Good to finally see some aw12 in store too. Has it gone on sale already? I think Aoyama flagship starts next friday, and isetan the friday that follows? Speaking of beautiful stores - and I think I've said this before - the Aoyama store is absolutely amazing Ivrwi, thanks for posting those exhibition pics! That ss06 dino dress ... and the AW00 jacket/suits are just incredible, if I ever see the right one on auction in my size I'm going for...