or Connect

Posts by asobu

fwiw I think it works Ivwri, but I've seen/worn this combination (or variations of it) in person and think it comes out better in person that in these particular photos. Especially this shade of navy, which is hard to capture in pics but it looks great in natural light. Besides gabardine I think there's a variety of fabrics that would work in conjunction with the jacket, the pants could also be a little bit less structured imo. What this handstitched series was paired with...
Incidentally this is how they seemed to record the AW12 collection for Yohji femme. I remember being very pleasantly surprised when I saw it. It's up on youtube, I'll see if I can find the link later on but I think it's the "official" video that will go up on the YY website once next season starts. Unfortunately due to the pacing it doesn't work as well as I hoped for, I wish the models would come out and finish their walk before the next one comes ut. At the beginning of...
Also, is it wrong of me to think that this is kind of the greatest thing ever?90% sure it's YY x Dr Marten collabs from AW07
^^very poignant, parker. I think that whole collection really showed what he wanted to do for himself, from himself -- the man, artist, creator.thanks for coming over here to post syed, I like your contributions over at SZ too so I hope you stick around.edit: his work might or might not start from the back, i think he places a lot of emphasis on it and the curves from the nape of the neck down the back, but I wouldn't assume that he necessarily wants his clothes to...
Pretty much. I check approx 2 threads - one of which I do contribute to - and this is one of them, but I only read it every 3-4 days or so and skim through to see cool fits and try to avoid the recurrent boring shitstorms as much as possible. I didn't know there's a certain quota of advice per thumb that I need to fill. I post fits (rarely) when I just like to contribute a little to this thread, from time to time, I didn't know I have a certain responsibilty just because a...
Great post. Enjoyed seeing those Sander pics. Have you seen the full volume of Men of the 20th Century? I know Fuuma was talking about his work several years ago. I was looking for it back then, before I had seen the Wenders documentary, but never managed to find a copy at the time.AW11 gives me very strong Sander vibes, it also has a broader variety of classic pieces. I can see what you mean about AW99 though I think that collection is much more focused and detail...
^go for 3 in everything, should work out well for you. Most of the stuff this season is quite slim so it probably won't look so oversized on you. Try the printed silk jackets if they have those, the boxy cut is amazing. torchiere, good to see you here too man!
speaking of wire, he just blew the roof off SZ with a grail sale. if I had any money I would already own a few of those. (also buy my aw08 jacket) Thanks for posting those pics Drew, much appreciated. The "Yohji" suit/set up is quite incredible.
wow, thanks a lot Ivrwi for this exposé on hakamas! Very interesting to see the comparisons. Great post.
Hehe, when I was in London there was an older woman there who tried on a bunch of YYPH and looked great.Yeah, i think they could be AW09 as well, those are the two seasons that featured hakama type pants more prominently.