or Connect

Posts by asobu

Good to see continuing activity in this thread, I seem to have some catching up to do. But before I do that, this is important.For anyone who still hasn't seen the women's AW 95-96 runway show, it's finally found its way out of the vaults. And it's glorious in every way. I was blown away by the AW94 show and it's still one of the best women's shows I've seen, and this is pretty much on par with that one. This moves away from the kimono themed 94 shows and into massive,...
Haha, I don't know if it came across as bit more serious than I intended. I just thought it was funny that you menionted that we never talk about Y-3 and then those particular adidas boots happens to be mainline anyway. Which I think is great because I like the gsg9 boots he did for ss/aw08 (didn't realize these were based on the same model) but I'm particularly fond of much of the Y-3 footwear I've seen. Honestly I have paid next to no attention to Y-3 at all. I liked...
Ironically, those are not Y-3, lol. The 10 year celebration is indeed for the collaboration with adidas but that started with mainline collabs for women for the AW01 collection (or was it SS01?) and then for men's for AW02. I think Y-3 started in 2003. He's done a few mainline collabs for menswear, back in SS08 and AW08 they did the gsg9 style boots, and now for AW11 - like the ones I assume you got - I guess they're also considered YYPH x adidas rather than Y-3? Could be...
It's really hard to say, pricing varies quite a lot depending on piece and re-seller. The best thing is that condition is almost always impeccable across the board. There are definitely deals to be had though, but you gotta have a lot of luck (and put in a lot of time). There's a decent amount in rotation but the good stuff sells out pretty much in two-three days or the very same day. Which means you have to check quite often to have a good chance at finding the good...
If you ever feel like taking a look at some of the older stuff in person there's a few Shibuya locations that usually always offer up a good variety of YYPH from the early 90's to present day on a decent rotation. Some of the Ragtag's - especially in Ginza and Shinjuku #1 - also have some great things on the racks most of the time, smaller stock that moves faster though.Short interview with Yohji after his last women's show, not sure if this has been posted before? Well,...
Yesss, this is so good. AW01 indeed. This is such a great collection, I want MoK to adopt this whole season into his wardrobe. In addition to that DB suit there was also a great grey SB suit in the same worsted (?) silk fabric.The collection was loosely based around Pépé le Moko and french gangsters.glad to hear you're going for it!Yes this was amazing in person! Glad you got to try it on, it really makes a world of difference seeing it in person. I love that is has that...
Yeah, thanks for posting this! I think this is an collection that is still not as easily 'likable' as some of the later seasons, with the boxy jackets and some stiffer shapes. The patchwork shirts are beautiful, it's a pity that it's almost impossible to find those shirts in mint-ish condition today. For me the highlights are the wrinkled fabrics, a brilliant wool/mohair blend fabric that sounds winter-y and heavy on paper but is light as air. Absolutely beautiful, and...
p4: a couple of short articles/interviews about it- http://www.nowness.com/day/2011/7/23/1559/helmut-lang-make-it-hard http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/07/22/asked-answered-helmut-lang/
I think these are very interesting questions that are very hard to answer. Didn't we discuss this over PM before? Can't remember atm... But to start with the most obvious and boring statement - I would like to see it go on IF that is Yohji himself wants. I'm not sure whether he feels that the brand itself is too connected to him as a person/creator, or if he wants his legacy to live on in the hands of whoever he deems fit for the job. The sad thing is that it's probably...
We need a visual celebration of Yoshishige Yoshida's masterfully melodramatic anti-melodrama-anti-cinema, with the most composionally amazing cinematography assembled into moving pictures and the unfathomable, ethereal beauty of Mariko Okada.From his "political trilogy": [[SPOILER]] [[SPOILER]] [[SPOILER]]