or Connect

Posts by asobu

thanks guys! zissou, I am! Last week I was sweating in wide cropped pants and a t-shirt, but I guess winter came back cause yesterday it was 5 degrees and windy as hell. parker, love the silhouette
freezing today, I was cold wearing this [[SPOILER]]
Great photos. Max Vadukul in Yohji 12 years earlier, walking in his AW00 show, looking boss:'This is a great initiative, and a good use of the thread. Some proper pictures of recent purchases (or older, for archival purposes), hopefully with detail and/or fit pics, and impressions on the fabric/details/etc. Would be great if people would do this some of the time with both new and old pieces so we can see the work going into it and perhaps outline some specific...
It seems to be a decent standard suit but you'll definitely find something better in probably not too long - perhaps something from YYPH or the runway Y's line - so I think you're doing the right thing by passing on this.
Appropriately, those first 3 are probably his 3 best runway shows for men. I mean in terms of the actual shows/presentation, though I obviously love the content as well! On footwear I pretty much agree with what others liked syed said, now in summer I wear my white mujirushi canvas lowtops and black on black converse midtops a lot of with my tapered pants, and chunkier sneakers (in my case a pair of Y's) for pants with a wider hem. I agree with the above about Red Wings...
^^Ivwri, nice pickup. The cotton blends in this first segment of the show is apparently really nice. I'd like to get my hands on one of those pocket jackets sometime. I'm pretty sure that runway look is in black, the color just looks weird in the photo due to the lighting or something. So those should be the same ones as you picked up. I don't think these jackets were made in navy. Here's another shot of the same look (you have that shirt as well, just need the jacket...
That's awesome, what kind of project was that? The Sonomama book looks great btw, will try to locate a copy, thanks for the rec
SS95. Very few (any?) pics online unfortunately.
I'm guessing it's a bit boxier than the photo lets on, but for a more chaplin-esque look the jacket might need to be shorter and more taken in at the waist. He did a chaplin inspired collection back in the end of the 80's but those jackets were snugger over the chest and with a stronger cutaway. Anyway, I think the first pic Ivwri posted is pretty much what I thought of when Parker posted his suggestion, the AW11 collection had lots of pants with a similar cut to those,...
Hey that fits you pretty well, looks good for a pre-1991 suit! Better than I expected tbh. Like you said the sleeves are short, and they often are on his older pieces because they are designed to fit boxy on shorter people than you and me in a size M. I think Parker had some good suggestions, maybe you try something like that? I can see what you mean with it being a bit on the conservative side though, but I wouldn't disregard it just yet, I'm sure you can find some way to...