or Connect

Posts by asobu

x-post
great shape of the whole thing dante, is that the aw01 wool/cashmere jacket you purchased recently? love it. [[SPOILER]] yyph gabardine double layer coat and gabardine pants, y's shirt, solovair 11 holes
Anyway, I just caught up with the last few days of posts here, glad to see not only this discussion but several great fits posted as well. It's good that you guys are keeping this thread on the first page!! Ivwri, really loved that fit with the mandarin collar jacket and the cropped pants, great shape overall, sharp and relaxed at the same time. Also like dante and david bringing some vintage goodness and bulky shapes in these last few pages, always good to see. I'm...
Possibly that is some sort of decision from business level that the inclusion of the embroidered YY is to attract image concious customers, but I sincerely don't think it will carry much weight out there in terms of affecting sales. Not to mention that he has used his name quite extensively in various ways on his clothes before - SS02 (embroidered logo on several of the signature actress pieces) and SS07 ('humorous' prints like "100% Yohji Yamamoto" etc etc) to name a few...
David, I seem to remember runner mentioning sometime back in 07 or 08 that the company was in pretty bad shape financially and had gone through some restructuring, closing down/moving shops on the domestic market etc. I'll see if I can find that. My guess (uneductaed) is YY Inc wasn't doing partiucarly good figures back in 05 either. When did they close the NY shop? I don't know much about the fashion industry but I'm guessing it's not easy for a brand like YY, making 4...
Glad to see we're getting so many fits in here. Auburn, I like that you're going all out with the massive jacket but I'm not sure about that undershirt. I would prefer it with different pants too, like those straight-legged Y's pants you wore in an earlier fit, but I understand that might not be the proportions you're going for. In my head I'm not sure the textures of the gabardine and the HM jeans play well together but perhaps it's better in person. Ivrwi, love this...
Of course you're entitled to think this looks bad, and perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, but I completely disagree with this. I'm not sure where people get this idea that YY is designed for super swagged out models or whatever, it's pretty much the complete opposite. Looks better on real people anyway. As long as you get used to the proportions and things fitting a bit big then you'll be totally fine, it's all about being comfortable in it. I get a feeling that members on...
Missed a lot of good stuff here the last few days. Ivwri, you're totally rocking that hat and I think it works great for you. Not only that but that fit is pretty much a perfect day-to-day get up. Parker is again re-evaluating my views on stuff, this time the cover pants which look perfectly natural here. I don't know if I could rock them but you do it very well. Definitely need those ecru/off-white hakamas since your last fit as well. Dante posting up some great fits...
And apparently also the full show from S/S 1996 ! Part 1 of 8:
The coat looks beautiful Ivwri. In hindsight, one of the things I quite regret selling, hehe. I'm glad you're doing it justice though! It really is incredibly light, "structured"/constructed like a coat but pretty much weighs like a shirt, quite something in person. Anyway fashionchannel has granted us more goodies from the vaults, clips from 89 and 90. Unfortunately not the full shows though, but the majority of the looks I guess: S/S 1989 A/W 1989-1990 S/S...