or Connect

Posts by asobu

^I'm quite sure that the L39 pants you're after Ivwri are different from the L40 ones. The pair David posted are definitely the same cut as mine (well, yours, hehe), but there are a few variations of cuts and those two are different. shah, love the pics, that looks great on you. Finally caught up with RFT and read your impressions - glad to hear you like the collection, and had a good time at the store too. No matter which store I've been to the SA's have always been...
Ivwri, that one looks nice, really like the sleeves. For YYPH, I'm not sure if there are many good raincoats. Can't think of any right now. There were a few heavy cotton coats in the AW06 collection that would do, but those would be too heavy for you for most of the year I think. I do like the two coats Parker posted on the last page, though the first (AW03) coat wouldn't be so good as a raincoat. Fabric is a flannel-y wool/cotton/nylon blend I believe. It's massive...
p4, I echo the others and think the wool gab pants would be the best choice out of those 3, a definite wardrobe staple that you can easily wear even if you don't feel like going deeper into the YY pool. For archival images, there's unfortunately no good source. On TFS you can see pretty much every show from SS00 so that's a good start, on firstview.com you can pay to see some of the older shows (for mens back to AW97, womens to SS96 I believe). Other than that, I'm not...
^Yes, they are indeed! The fabric is different (your pants are cotton I believe?) but I'm pretty sure they're the ones paired with this jacket on the runway. Love the silk organza detail
Yeah it's pretty difficult/impossible to tell from the photo, if you look in the actual book it's a bit easier to pick out some of the details. I didn't have a scanner available so my PoS P&S had to do when I took that pic, hehe.Damn, those look great on you. I wasn't convinced by them on the runway but they do look very nice here. You definitely sized them right, with that cuff detail they look better cropped/slight break than "stacked" for sure. Cut looks spot on too....
great looks all around today lads yeah, it's AW94. It's hard to tell from this shitty photo but it's a coat iteration of this cutaway jacket (same details/stitching on the lapels etc)
^wow! coat looks fantastic! do you know what season? what's the tag code? i want one too!
So does anyone know what construction or dyeing techniques were used for some of the more intricate patterened pieces of ss12?I was doing a quick search on kagasuri, the pattern on this jacket, which I love (cut, pattern and fabric):I'm pretty sure this is 100% silk, but has anyone seen this in person? They didn't stock it at the London store unfortuantely.Anyway, I found this:more heresounds like pretty demanding work, absolutely love the results here. I'm guessing the...
yeah the long jacket suits are the standouts for me in this collection. The video is hilarious though, haha. Amazing quotes, px4. It's too bad they cut out some of the best parts of the collection. I do like the ripped/unconstructed lapel suits (some in 100% silk I believe) but I'm not sure if I'd wear them. My favorite looks is the long jacket with the pleats (calling dibs now, lol) worn with the open side knit. The cut in most of these jackets are HUGE, definitely...
^thanks! Ivwri, the ss12 jacket really works well with so many silhouettes, great piece. Really like the full cut pants here.