or Connect

Posts by Petrus1

Quote: Originally Posted by Manton This part is rich. You make four kinds of statements in this thread 1) Pathetic boasts ("my GF is 35 years younger than me") 2) Cheap insults ("loser" "prole" etc) 3) Errors (e.g., no Pomeral is ever 100% Merlot) 4) Banal observations that everyone already knows (In Burg, Grand Cru is higher than 1er Cru) I am sure know more than me about something, but wine isn't it. Manton, you're boring...
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire The person you were offering to buy from does not have a license so you were knowingly attempting to enter into an illegal transaction, douchebag. Btw, carbonic maceration. Broker handles both ends.
Quote: Originally Posted by indesertum seriously? still? i have to say if you are a sock puppet you are a most ingeniously crafted one. and what the hell are you talking about? clos du marquis is leoville las cases's second wine They're really all just barrel selections and the names for the chateau's 2nd wine and in some cases 3rd wine sometimes change. The 3rd is now actually named Pauillac de Pichon Lalande, and the 2nd ,Pichon...
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire Some douchebag recently maintained one can only do this if one is licensed by the BATF. I have a licensed broker for any deals I make. I don't try to sell it on ebay like you
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton Please "hold me to account", I can't wait. It should be clear to you by now that everyone on this site hates you and that you have not made a single true point that all of us already knew. It also consistently amazes me how many "aristocrats" we get posting here who behave more crassly than prison inmates. Do you really think it us the custom of the rich and well-born to boast of their good fortune on websites and...
Quote: Originally Posted by constant struggle Well I mean while it stays relatively the same temp all year, i'm sure there are slight fluctuations, which are not good for long term storage... and I am not sure if the moisture levels are absolutely correct... either... does any of that really matter, or is that for purists It doesn't matter. My cellar stays between 50-60F naturally and it's perfect.
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton There are only two real possibilites here. 1) You are who and what you say you are--an old man with a young wife, a lot of money and nice wine who likes to brag about himself and insult other people on the Internet. First of all she's not my wife. In fact, I don't even believe in marriage and am a confirmed bachelor. Even the best females eventually go bad and I have no intention of losing half my assets to some...
Quote: Originally Posted by Krish the Fish Note: My father is a doctor, and my livelihood as of right now is living off my parents. It's a long term loan. I plan one day on also being a physician, and practicing not only medicine, but also sartorial excellence (we can hope, right?). I have a couple acquaintances who are going to medical school in a year who are exactly the same as the doctor your friend had the displeasure of dealing with. The ones...
Quote: Originally Posted by Holden Caufield I happened to be looking to buy some clothes but saw this food and wine section and had a question. It appears that Petrus is the expert here so I'll ask him. I inherited a small cellar from my grandfather, about 800 bottles, and was wondering if the wine is still good. It's sort of old and some of the bottles like this Clos de Beze and Clos de Tart are from 1959. Can burgundies this old still be drinkable? Is...
Quote: Originally Posted by Cary Grant Did Manton actually start a post with... "Dude"? Yes, he has prole written all over him