or Connect

Posts by rabbit

Can anyone help identify the season/quality of this MMM briefbag? I tried searching and found nothing, and the MMM site archives are a pain to navigate. Having read this thread, it seems like the quality for all MMM bags are generally good, however this one is a canvas bag that I'm on the fence about, and I would assume most comments were for the leather collection. The canvas is not waxed so a little splash test just got absorbed, and the interior lining is a cotton that...
Hi all, I'm looking to invest in a pair of MMM or CP sneakers, but before I do, I need some more information about the durability of the soles. I apologize in advance if this has been covered as I tried searching the forums, but didn't find much info (aside from RO needing to be resoled...). so here it goes: As you can see in the sample reference pics, I wear down my shoes substantially, since I walk everywhere. Asics - about 11 months MMM casual/dress - worn about a...
Hi all, I have been searching all the wallet threads, but have not found the answers/advice I was seeking, so I was hoping that this thread might help. As the title implies, I have several wallet questions that I need assistance with. My primary day-to-day wallet is a bi-fold that has served me well for the past 5 years (a very durable Jack Spade), however I may be moving to the UK in several months, and would need a new wallet to accommodate the size of GBP and Euro...
Quote: Originally Posted by Viral at this point, it makes sense to wait a bout 2-4 weeks when sales will commence. You're question is too broad, since "affrodable" is relative to each person. There are people on SF who earn quite a paycheck, and $800-$1000 shoes are nothing to them. Conversely, there are many who cannot strecth to over $150 for shoes. It would be more helpful of you could name a brand/style/model you like and then try to get it for the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Handmadeshoes Check out Silvano Sassetti (pictures here) or Grenson.. As far as dress shoes go, since you don't like cap toes or wingtips, try and find a nice plain toe or whole-cut (pictures here). They will definitely suffice for the dressiest work environment and any professional interview. For an everyday shoe, something brown and maybe suede. A nice pair of chukka or chelsea boots are always a great option. A good...
I have been a lurker on these boards for some time and the knowledge found here is enlightening, if not overwhelming. I am 29 yo and never had to wear dress shoes etc. for my work, but am now learning to appreciate the craftsmanship and quality for everyday wear and future interviews/work. I would like to know what people consider quality shoes for both everyday wear (casual, but to dress up selvedge jeans) and an a classic shoe that can work both for an interview and...