or Connect

Posts by Last Year's Man

try uniqlo?
what about a summer suit in linen or cotton. or i'd say a light grey should be next.
thought this said plague belts.
Quote: Originally Posted by stanwelks ... I appreciate that you want to look different, but black tie is one of the last places in menswear where tradition really has to be adhered to. While the styles you've posted might look great now, you're likely to feel a little silly looking back at your wedding pictures in 10-20 years time. http://www.blacktieguide.com/Classic/Classic_Intro.htm follow these rules and you'll look great and the...
Quote: Originally Posted by mktitsworth Jesus, that's a comeback! if the lapels were narrower and the shirt sleeve\\jacket sleeve ratio was sorted out, that would be like a 20x improvement on your first pics. Good work, the 2button suits you so much better. their's also something not entirely right about the shirt collar, can't put my finger on it.
these make you look like you have a massive arse, something is not right about the seat. They almost look like you just need to pull them up. I think loose fitting drapey trousers like these can look good, but only if they sit high on the waist.
Quote: Originally Posted by pvrhye To keep it shut. think->google->wikipedia->forum search->post don't skip steps
Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan Uhh, what? Okay, actually I do think the lapels look better wide: hmm, I almost always agree with your foofings foofmeister but I think I prefer the higher gorge in the original, though agree about the lapel width.
canvas and wool do not hold their shape like a leather does. If a vintage suit doesn't feel like it fits you, that's probably because it doesn't.
oops, I feel I've got into something a bit outside of my mandate. Seeing as I only paid $30 for my Cheaney's I'm not sure if I'm qualified to comment, however IMO they make some nice looking shoes on some nice lasts.