or Connect

Posts by M. Alden

Both of the Mola bothers, Antonio and Gennaro, who learned their trade from the great Neapolitan tailor, Antonio Schiraldi, have passed away. At one time they were pretty much considered to be the best trouser makers in Naples and their work was highly sought after by Japanese visitors. The cut of their trousers was very different from the jeans like cut normally seen these days in Naples. It was about as close to trouser perfection as I have seen. A few years ago I...
Quote: I wonder if the Gennaro Formosa's style is similar to his father's.. and whether he is a tailor or not. Any comments from people with direct experience would be interesting. B I remember Mario Formosa lamenting that unlike other tailors in Naples, like Solito, Pirozzi or Pastena, he did not have a son who was a tailor to carry his work forward. Well, the good news is that Mario did have a son, and that apparently his son has chosen to...
Quote: Pitti is like a color blind hair restoration technology convention for manic depressive rich dudes. Ha ha That's why I wear a hat! Cheers Michael Alden www.dresswithstyle.com
Quote: Are bespoke shops run by Hermes-trained alumni like Duret and April in Paris really all that much cheaper than Hermes? Foo, There are quite a few ex Hermes artisans who make for Parisians. They are tucked away in niches of the Marais and the 16th, do not advertise, do not want to be disturbed by new enquiries and are found by word of mouth. Their work is rumored to be superior to the originals because the production is more artisanal, more...
Quote: Beautiful, let's see it in the wild, Michael http://www.thelondonlounge.net/forum...hp?f=32&t=9941 Cheers Michael Alden www.dresswithstyle.com
Quote: The coat is beautiful, but it looks like conventional patch pockets and flaps and not the unique Polo coat pocket, where the flap is integrated into the patch pocket. Bengal, Large patch pockets on overcoats already make a bit of a statement. I thought about using the "mailbox" patch pocket but with thick, heavy cloth they can be a bit cumbersome and bulky. The plain patches seemed quieter. I think the mailbox can work well with lighter,...
Quote: Very nice Michael. What made you go for a 8x3 configuration instead of the classic 6x2? Thank you. I have converted to the 6 x 3 (or 8 x 3) for its higher stance and better coverage in really foul weather. I like the versatility of the coat. Closing the top button and rolling up the lapels gives you great coverage in the chest and neck. Or you can roll it to the second button in good weather and it gives the coat great line. This is the...
A bespoke Polo coat made in Italy of vintage 700 gms camel herringbone fabric with 30s style DB lapels. Cheers Michael Alden www.thelondonlounge.net
Cheers M Alden www.thelondonlounge.net
Bill, Hunter's of Brora, Russell check Cheers Michael PS I hear the party in London was well attended.