or Connect

Posts by Dr Nemo

Yup, great to see new members posting on their running exploits! No email access over the weekend, in Macau. On Saturday did 7mi including 3 x 1mi at 90% effort, and Sunday 10mi including 7 x 1mi @ 90% effort. This morning 7mi (feeling kinda stiff for the first 3 miles following the 14hr+ return flight Monday. This afternoon 5mi and a strength session at the Y.
Ten miles this morning and a strength workout at the Y. Biking 16 miles this afternoon to make up for the 8 miles of running I missed yesterday courtesy of long work day.
Nice work, Thomas. Now that you've made the investment, you get to rest and recover before the big event. Fourteen miles on a pretty windy 23-degree day.
Nine miles including 12 steep hill repeats at 95% effort. Best wishes to everyone for safe and healthy running in 2012.
Six miles in the rain and a strength workout at the Y.
Six miles in Ice Joggers this morning. Black ice everywhere. Sam, here's your opportunity to start preparing for Buenos Aires marathon TV coverage: "Mi nombre es Sergio, y yo soy un Americano que corre con con velocidad y estilo."
10 miles this morning and a strength workout at the Y. Sam--Wow, Buenos Aires! I ran the Grachtenloop 10-mile in Amsterdam a few years back and local TV station reporter grabbed me afterward because he knew I had traveled the greatest distance among all the participants. At the end of the interview he ripped through a line of Dutch (which I don't speak) and asked me to repeat it. After hammering a 10-mile race, I tried my best. After my fourth try he said thanks and left...
14 miles this morning. Now I get to apply my graduate learning to try and figure our how to operate this Polar heart monitor..
Sam--Sorry to hear about the layoff. As I've told more than one runner I've coached, there are lots of races but you only have one body. Fortunately you'll bounce back in a few weeks. Five easy miles this morning recovering from yesterday's hill repeats. Wore a string of ten jingle bells in addition to Santa hat and got lots of smiles and "Merry Christmas" wishes from those we passed. Realized bells' additional benefit as a training aid during the run: I got much better...
1 mile warm up, ten repeats of a steep 1/3 mile bluff on the shore of Lake Michigan at 90-95% effort, then 1 mile cool down. Tomorrow, an easy 5 miles in Santa hat and jingle bells to see how many smiles we can get. Happy Holidays, gents.