or Connect

Posts by Dr Nemo

7 miles, including 2 x 1mile at 90%. Have now shifted to long sleeve lightweight top and cotton gloves for 48-51 degree temps. Submitted my app on Monday and was accepted for BAA #25 next April. Sam, any word yet?
I'm 62, have run for 30 years, compete at the marathon distance, and run up to 90 miles a week. IMHO, training sensibly, listening to your body, and enjoying the thrilling gift of running is what it's about. This morning it was 7mi including one mile at 90% effort, pointing toward Twin Cities in 3 weeks.
I run the Madison WI to Chicago 200-mi relay each year in June and that includes a leg at night. Headlamps, safety vests and strobes are required equipment. Petzl makes a range of excellent products at various price points. I have a TACTIKKA XP that's comfortable, bright, and gets it done at night while racing on paths in the Wisconsin woods. Hope that helps.
14.5 miles. Warm up and half marathon on a winding hilly course. A day ago temps dropped from hot/humid to chilly/windy (I'm not complaining...) Didn't feel like I loosened up for the entire distance. Even so, still placed in my age group, which always helps. Hope everybody's Labor Day runs were good ones.
14mi yesterday, including 8 x 1mi @ 90% effort/1:00 recovery. 5mi today to recover. Setting up for predictor race: Oakbrook, IL Half Marathon on Labor Day. Great efforts, everyone. Keep on keepin' on.
Sam has a good point. Be sure you get a good fit from a good running store. It's also a good idea to rotate shoes on alternate days. The shoes to recover resiliency and your legs/ankles/feet get a more versatile workout. If you only have one brand, consider an alternate pair of a different brand. For example,I'll rotate among Asics Gel Cumulus, Nike Zoom Vomero or Mizuno Wave Rider 13 on alternate days (Not as stylish as Sam's mismatched shoes in that 5K photo, though!)....
Veer interested in the 4. Cap-Toe Oxford - Size 43 1/2 (~10.5/11 US) $350.00 NOW $325.00. Understand the would fit 10.5D. Please tell me more. --Chris
16mi this morning. Sunny, 76 degrees, light breeze out of the north. 4mi warm up, then 10 one-mile repeats at 7:00/mi with 60 second rest interval. 2mi warm down. Bit of a challenge on an 80-mile week, but was glad to be able to pull it off. Had the track all to myself, thank goodness.
Thanks for asking. I'm training for marathon #54: Twin Cities Marathon, which is USA Track and Field Masters Nationals for the marathon distance. 8mi today to ease up before 16mi tomorrow including 10x1mi repeats on the track.
14 miles. Really enjoy the longer stuff in August on the way to 26.2 in October.