or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by AlmostFullBenefits

Quote: Originally Posted by Ataturk You've based your argument on arbitrary conditions you're imagining into the definition of life by way of homeostasis. I've tried to explain to you that they don't work. Take the example of the chick. It cannot maintain its internal body processes without an external source of heat, i.e., from its mother. No one has ever imagined that it has to keep its body temperature up all by itself "like a big boy" to qualify as...
Quote: Originally Posted by javyn Cause its funny If he's not even going to google or wikipedia homeostasis, I'll assume he's trolling me. But if he's ignorant of organisms' internal regulatory systems and how they differ from external environmental factors, then its still not my job to educate him.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ataturk "Dependent on its own abilities" is not part of the definition of homeostasis. That is a specious argument even for the CE. A bird will die if its mother doesn't keep it warm. A baby will die if it's not given milk. A parasite will die if it can't feed off its host. They're all alive. Honestly, I've already pointed out how you were wrong, but if you cannot even bother to understand the concept further than a...
Quote: Originally Posted by imageWIS Looking at the two pictures, I'd rather fuck Daniel Radcliffe than Rachel Maddow. ...Oh god...the possibilities of Harry Potter-related gay jokes... ...the horror...the horror...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ataturk Is a baby bird not alive because it can't survive without its mother's warmth? A baby because it can't survive without breast milk? A parasite without its host? I think maybe you have a vague idea what homeostasis is, but lacking imagination if you think a fetus doesn't have it. You are reflecting your own ignorance of the topic onto me. Inability to obtain ≠ inability to maintain. A baby, just as you, needs...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr. Clean AFB, you arguments imply that there is but one generally accepted definition of life. That is not the case. Neither is it true that there is no discussion outside of religion about when "life" begins, even if it is largely semantics. Furthermore, as far as I know, the abortion debate is generally centered on personhood not "life". The question is not what constitutes "life" or even a separate organism, but what a...
Was he the one that shoved a toy car up his ass in Jackass? If so, that's a sad way to remember anyone.
Tagutcow: You clearly do not know what the biological definition for life is; for one, it's not erroneously defined in terms of being "a living (ha!), growing organism", as this could also define an organ or a tumor. The ability to maintain homeostasis is a defining feature of all life, which a fetus lacks throughout much of its development. Therefore, biologically, it is classified as being part of its mother, rather than a separate, living organism. The only source...
Aren't many of the taliban leaders basically just low-level warlords vying to increase their influence/power?
Quote: Originally Posted by nootje I would probably pay for that. Hell, in my younger years ive worked for free at some places just to get to know the job. The architect in question has to be famous or near famous though.. I agree, a top-notch internship with someone who will actually teach you something is worth paying for, even though its close to being indentured servitude. Hell, that's the basic idea of graduate school.
New Posts  All Forums: