or Connect

Posts by Gauss17

Yes, they are in my opinion, not functional unless you have smaller hands. I wear a large glove, and can't really get my hands in there (size 54 jacket). If you want a leather bomber with useable pockets, I might go with the leather MA-1.
Personal preference, but I would say same.
Shoes?
Brooks Brothers version of the AE Strand firsts should be around ~$240 on Christmas or the day after.
1. Look at Allen Edmonds comfort shoes2. Everyone on this forum will tell you brown is superior to black, but you should have at least one pair of "go to" black shoes.
http://www.kentwang.com/ties/tie-clip-silver.html
I might go for the brown A-2, since you'll already have a black DR.
I have seen 3 jackets in lamb and 2 jackets in calf between me and my brothers, so I feel I can comment. Admittedly, the calf is thicker, heavier, and tougher than the lamb. The lamb is quite nice, but it should not deter you from getting the calf. They both break in just fine and wear just fine. Out of all the jackets I have seen, my olive calf CM is overall my favorite jacket. The olive calf is just particularly nice. I have never had either leather rip, but the...
I'd keep an eye or at or after Christmas. If nothing else, Brooks Brothers sells an AE strand for $368 in walnut. The day after Christmas it should be 25%+15% off, bringing the price for firsts down to $234.60 assuming the sale is the same as last year.
I use those for my TOJs, they work well.