or Connect

Posts by Gauss17

I think that a thicker tie actually looks quite fine with thinner lapels. For example, a 3.25" lapel suit with a 3.5" tie. Since the 3.5" is really at the bottom of the tie and not visible when wearing the suit. The exposed area of the tie is then pretty darn close to the lapel width if that makes sense. Obviously this works best if the tie is only slightly larger than the lapel width.
I'm pretty convinced 3.5" is the way to go, but I do have quite a few 3.75" ties.
If you have an existing pair of pants that fit you perfectly, then this is easy. Go to luxire.com an pick out whatever fabric, style and options you like and then have them replicate the new pants using your existing "perfect pants" as a guide. Voila.
I swear by AG jeans. I've never found a brand I have liked better.
I still feel pretty cool wearing mine
Learn your measurements and hit Ebay. You can get super nice stuff for < $1000.
On #2, never wear sneaker or tennis shoes with a long coat. It just doesn't look right. Stick to nice boots or dress shoes.
I have been very impressed with Luxire shirtings. I ordered an "entry" fabric for $60 and was very impressed for what I got for the money. The shirt was soft, extremely wrinkle resistant, and did not shrink at all. They also have pretty thick MOP buttons. Truthfully, Brooks Brothers has gone downhill. There are still some gems to be had, but I am becoming less and less impressed with their offerings.
I have completely switched over to Luxire and Proper Cloth for shirts. Brooks just isn't the same anymore. All my dress shirts used to be their "Slim Fit Luxury" line.
Just get the strand in walnut. It is arguably AE's best shoe. It looks fantastic with jeans and suits (or really anything navy to mid-grey). However, I would not wear it with khakis as tan and khaki just don't look that great.