or Connect

Posts by Gauss17

This depends on how much you really care. Strictly speaking, shell cordovan is a more casual leather and many on this forum would not consider wearing it with a a suit. Also, saddle shoes are bluchers (compared to balmorals) and considered again more informal. Ideally not worn with suits. saddle shoes are probably more informal to boot. Now, realistically speaking, no one will care outside of a few select individuals you're unlikely to encounter in daily life and...
Anyone used this or similar fabric before? I am contemplating ordering some for a sport coat as the price is right.
Oxxford tends to lean towards more "traditional" suiting in general. I can't tell you what years they "divide" and more importantly, I am not sure if there is a true divide to be had. Instead it may be more useful to look at specific models. For example: The gibbons is an Oxxford staple model with a traditional cut (see JFK). Contrastingly, the now have a 1220 line that is more modern with flat front pants and natural shoulder (and I think a slightly narrower...
Truthfully, you'd probably be fine with any of their models depend on your build. Older models favor traditional shoulders and pleats plants, while newer models tend to lean more towards a natural shoulder and flat front pants. As long as the lapels and the pants aren't too skinny, you should be good to go.
Do not be afraid to size up. It will be fine. The forum often goes overboard trying to get a perfect slim fit...you'll also find several people selling their jackets because they are too small.
I am wondering if I have forward shoulders now after reading through this thread. I seldom feel like I have enough mobility in many of my jackets. Specifically mobility is limited when driving or making a "hugging motion". This problem is solved by sizing up normally, but occasionally it makes the shoulders a bit too big. What I mean by this is that mobility is good, but the shoulder seam does not always fall where is should on the shoulder. My tailor (who I believe...
I would also be interested to know this
Ah, my apologies, it appears the forums still have much to teach me.Thanks guys, much appreciated.
I don't need another word for the color, I need a supplier.
Anyone have a suggestion on where to find a dark foresty green cloth for a peacoat? Something like: I have looked through Dugdale, Huddersfield and the like.