or Connect

Posts by Gauss17

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-Co.%C2%AE-Chukka-Field-Boots/614H,default,pd.html?dwvar_614H_Color=BRWN&contentpos=52 These are goodyear welted, yeah? From researching on SF, the most likely case is they are made by Loake, but I can't find any chukka boots on loakes website.
Assuming you like white/silver dials, a Hamilton Jazzmaster seems like solid choice: It comes in 40 and 44mm with any leather band color you like. They run about $500-$600.
There is no point in time when Wolverine 1000 miles will be too dressy.
Do you ever say anything nice to anyone on this forum?
I would recommend a dark burgundy for a first color. What style/maker you want is up to you.
or if they would stop being so stingy on making cordovan shoes on different lasts.
Yeah, wholecuts oddly enough are much easier to find. I have no problem with them, they just aren't the traditional oxford I was looking for. Although, I must admit, those particular Vass are pretty tempting.I will look into this, but it looks awful pointy based on photos.
G&G, you beast, and thank you sir. Enjoy your festivities this weekend.Vass is one brand I really don't know much about and their internet presence appears lacking. Do you happen to know what the model is called or where to find it? The closest thing I have seen from Vass is (on right):
I mean honestly, I think it would look fine when worn (Sean Connery did it in some of the bond films after all). Much in the same way I think a sleeker plain toe derby would. Neither is going to look absurd when done well, I would just kind of like one true black, plain-toe oxford when I want to up the formality a bit
Upon closer inspection, those are actually the Fifth Avenue, not Park Avenue. However they are both made on the 5 last anyhow (i.e. they fit the same). All that said, They are not TTS in my opinion, but it depends on your feet. Everyone's are different. They run, as a general rule, somewhat narrow and a bit on the long side. Some people can wear TTS and others cannot. My brother is a size 10 TTS and wear a 10E in the Park Avenue. Others have success going down half...