or Connect

Posts by Gauss17

Does anyone else like the idea of a moleskin chesterfield?
I've never heard it put this way before and I kind of like it.
I'm a big fan of the 40mm point. It depends on your wrist size. People will smaller wrists looks best (in my opinion) wearing smaller watches and people with larger wrists, larger watches.
I think IWC makes excellent pieces, but may be getting a bit caught up in the supersize trend, as you state.
It's hard to tell from forum text, but if I was offensive in any way I apologize. I was in a meeting and somewhat read over your post and missed some details.You are very likely correct on all points. I only asked because I was looking for some quality lambskin to line an overcoat collar with and really liked the TOJ/Geller lambskin and was trying to find some thick stuff that would be similar. As it turns out, finding lambskin over 1mm is not easy (for me at least).
TOJ is Korean made and they use New Zealand Lambskin, so maybe not? I actually looked around online and could not find their source. They could source their calfskin differently though (and probably do).
They are made in Korea like TOJ, but where do they get the leather from? Like what tannery?
Does anyone know where Robert Geller sources their leather from?
Aesthetically, it looks completely fine to me. The question is, does it feel tight to you? If so, what area feels tight? Wear it awhile and really decide. It may stretch a bit and everything will be fine. I find that if something really does not fit me the way I want, be it shoes or clothing, I have to wear it/them for a significant period of time to really make a decision.
Does anywhere stock the Alden 990 in Commando sole?