or Connect

Posts by Gauss17

What do you mean by "semi-bespoke" last?
This man is not wrong
There's an Ebay seller called "buttonsnboots" that usually has a good selection.
3.5-3.75 is considered "classic"
For sale is a Brooks Brothers Luxury Slim Fit shirt. Size is 16.5" x 37". Shirt is woven from Egyptian cotton from Italty and made in USA. Pattern is a blue and dark grey/black stripe and seen in the photos. Shirt is in pretty much perfect shape, only worn maybe 3-4 times.
I am also interested to see what he comes up with as I plan on placing another order in march due to my problem of having only 3 grenadines from Hober ...that said, I am contemplating the Dark Red Fina #2, but it's hard to get an exact feel for the color. The image and the only picture I've seen of it vary somewhat. Well that and I already have a burgundy fina from Hober. The right red tie is a tricky problem to tackle.
Is there an appreciable difference between flannel fabric from Dugdale vs. flannel fabric from JJ Minnis? I am about to order some trousers in a mid/light grey and am wondering if the $100 extra for Minnis is really worth it. Both are 14 oz flannel fabric.
You asked about grossa initially, which is looser than fina. Comparing fina to piccola, I would go by what it says on the website. FWIW, I have both piccola and fina ties from Hober and it is very difficult to tell the difference.
Grossa is a looser weave, fina is a finer weave
If you look at some of their newer offerings, the Carlyle for example, they have some more "aggressive" styled shoes. That said, I disagree. While shoes with such styling look great when posted in pictures or standing on their own, I find they do not look as great when actually worn. The long pointed lasts or long chiseled toes just don't look that great, especially if you are bigger or of muscular build. This is all of course my opinion.