or Connect

Posts by Gauss17

In the past, I have ordered (cotton) trousers too long then washed them several times on relatively high heat to get any shrinkage out of the way. Afterwards I obviously have them hemmed to the correct length, but this solved shrinkage issues for me on a few pairs of pants.
I'll also echo this. It is really easy to go overboard when starting out.Shoes - It seems like you already have this down, but Allen Edmonds are a great choice. Again, start slow. I would start by buying a single pair of shoes in black, like the Park Avenues. I would have someone fit you in person or order a bunch of sizes from the shoe bank until you have your fit down. Once you select a size, return the rest. Once you purchase a pair, wear them around for awhile to...
Unless you are particularly rough on them, you might try just having them pressed once every two weeks and cleaned sparingly. It should extend the life of the shirts.
There is absolutely no reason not to go MTM for that price range. Look at Luxire and Proper Cloth. They will both make you a shirt in nice fabrics for less than £150. For business, start with white and light blues, then you can move on from there if you so desire. It depends on how much you wear and launder/clean them, but my nicer shirts are going on 4 years without an issues.
Someone convince me that I need both a new burgundy diamond weave and a burgundy grenadine fina...
Hmmm, it wrinkles easily? Maybe I will go for the Minnis flannel after all. Was really considering the Dugdale Flannel: Light/Medium Grey Twill 14 Oz
Awesome. Would love to see the comparison.Also, just got these in:Dark Brown Large Prince Of Wales Silk Tie #15Midnight Blue & White Stripe On Red Grenadine Tie #16Both are 6-fold construction and 3.5" wide.
I suspect most many members of this board and general public would be happy with 3.25 width, but I must admit as a bigger guy, I tend to favor somewhat wider ties.I'm always happy to entertain a good dark red/burgundy and deep navy with pattern. On your site, the two that caught my eye were the Foxborough Red - Wine and the Berkshire Abstract - Navy/Turquoise.It is difficult for me to determine a few aspects of your tie construction. First, it appears to use both a...
Welcome to the forum Dark Knot. After perusing you website, I noticed all your ties are offered at 3.25" at varying lengths, which is appreciated by us taller gentlemen. Would it be possible to custom order ties at a different widths? Say 3.5" or is that not possible?
I feel like I tried to get Vass to do this last time I ordered from them. I will have to ask Mr. Kuti about this as my feet are also....problematic.