or Connect

Posts by Gauss17

Can anyone comment on shrinkage? For those of you who machine wash/dry your shirts, how much allowance do you give? I am about to place an order, but want to take that into account.
If they make suits, they likely make pants. This should get you started....well that and Epaulet and Howard Yount
As a disclaimer, I will say that I am very different size-wise from you, but I can probably offer some insight in this area. I personally own both a Canali suit and an Isaia suit in a size 44L. Comparing the two, the jackets fit extremely similarly and I had them both tailored in exactly the same way. The trousers were a little bit different. While I had both the waists taken in some, I am pretty sure I had the Canali taken in more, but not a huge amount (maybe 1/2 an...
I've sent them several pairs of shoes for re-soling and I have never once had an issue with them.
I'm constantly complaining about this. Is is their standard construction?
+1 Looks amazing in person.
I can recommend that you not get loafers or drivers. A well made shoe will likely have a goodyear welt or another type of construction that allows it to be resoled, meaning the shoe can go through many soles before it's life is up. Look at the Allen Edmonds shoe bank for solid shoes on a budget. Also, shoes were made to be worn. While I do not suggest taking them on your sledding trip, do not be afraid to wear them out.
Just ordered 3m of cloth from Huddersfield Cloth. Extremely efficient company. Cloth arrived in US less than a week after purchase via DHL. I ordered the Dark Fawn Tweed Herringbone 12 oz. See below: Fabric is decently thick with a reasonably soft hand for tweed. For the price, it was hard to beat.
I can't say I agree with brown shell longwings having fewer uses than burgundy ones. However, if you already have brown shell strands, I do think it makes sense to make your next pair burgundy.
More something that I could wear to work daily and not worry too much if it is raining or the weather is somewhat poor. I have real boots for snow and field use, although, it would be nice if I didn't have to worry about them too much in winter weather.