or Connect

Posts by TDP

On sale as part of a relative's estate are two vintage Neapolian Unlined suits, by small regional tailor Angelo. I have no further information on the man, but the suits are entirely handmade—down to the trouser buttonholes, and the jacket's collar and the lapels, of course—with beautiful thimblestrokes, a soft chest, high buttonholes, and some padding to the shoulders. Their style is very close to Orazio Luciano, both in the level of workmanship and the soft chest and...
I have about 5 left. I am at your disposal should you have any further questions or concerns.
Ah, did you get that in Cambridge, MA? Here, P.C. usually means the Porcellian, a student's club whose emblem is the pig. A relief of a boar's head identical to the one in the photograph is on the door of the Porc's clubhouse in Harvard square.
Dear Mates of the Thrifting Thread, Take a look if you would like at: http://www.swapdom.com/, a startup that an old friend of mine just launched. It makes possible swapping stuff you specify. (You list things you want, and things you would be willing to exchange in their stead, then the machine in the background tries to arrange people in a swapping chain that leaves you with the thing you want, and takes from you one of the things you are trying to get rid off. It's...
Allow me to add that I receive no money from Swapdom, and will only profit from a friend's venture succeeding, if the thing takes off.
Dear Mates of the Swapping Thread, Take a look if you would like at: http://www.swapdom.com/, a startup that an old friend of mine just launched. It makes possible swapping stuff you specify. (You list things you want, and things you would be willing to exchange in their stead, then the machine in the background tries to arrange people in a swapping chain that leaves you with the thing you want, and takes from you one of the things you are trying to get rid off. It's...
Thank you for the kind reply, David. I do rotate among my shoes, yes, so to wear the same pair five times would take a month or thereabouts. I will try to do everything in a shorter cycle, and use less water and pressure tonight. I can't believe I hadn't made the mistake of too much water and pressure until now, but it sounds likes a reasonable explanation .
Ah, thank you for your reply, pB! I guess I will just let the shoes dry and try bulling them again later tonight.Would you recommend just reno+wax?
Dear Censors of Shoe Care!, I am writing to ask for help with a rough patch that's cropped up in my shoe-care routine. I brush my shoes regularly, and every five wearings I do this: I apply Renovateur; let the shoe sit for a few hours; then apply a coat of Saphir's shea-butter cream of the same colour or neutral, and let the shoe sit for a day; then finish with a coat of wax all over the shoe, bulling on the toe, and some cream on the vamp to prevent creasing. (Between...
What wonderful things you've been uploading, Spoo! I wish I had time these days to buy more clothes and shoes!