or Connect

Posts by doublemazaa

Looking for a place that will give me good direction in Seattle. I'm new to suiting but I'm getting married in July and need some help. Thinking about maybe going MTM, but am not sure yet. I stopped by Butch Blum. They do Coppley MTM which I've read mediocre reviews on. Can you guys suggest other places to check out and learn more about what I should be considering? Thanks.
Suit sounds good if that's what you think those people wear the rest of the week. If the industry is more informal, you might skip the suit and go a little more relaxed. I work in advertising so a lot of my interviews are nice jeans, polished shoes, and a dress shirt. Also depends on where you live. NY/DC will be more formal across the board. Here in Seattle wearing a suit would be overkill in many business situations.
Quote: Originally Posted by dnfuss Have I got a challenge for you. I want these shoes. Cole-Haan used to sell them under their "Bragano" lines as the "Rivaldi" model. They don't anymore. Does anyone know who made these for Cole-Haan or where I can get something just like this? Allen Edmond's Bimini shoe is similar. I think it's out of production, but there's a lead for ya.
I'm a small guy (5'7", 120lbs, 34" chest) and I'm looking to buy a new suit. Can anyone suggest lines that might have something off the rack before I start getting involved in MTM? Thanks.
I got some rigid 514's from levi in 29 waist, and I feel like they're a bit too roomy in that regard. I tried 28 on but they were too tight. Anyway, is there anyway I can shrink about half an inch out of the waist? The length is just about right as-is, but could probably stand some incremental shrinkage. Advice? Thanks.
I'm a small guy (5'7", 120lbs, 34" chest) and I'm looking to buy a new suit. Can anyone suggest lines that might have something off the rack before I start getting involved in MTM? Thanks.
Quote: Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy Looks like battery acid. Any chance that is it? Are you a little sloppy in Chemistry lab lately? I agree. Once in high school I woke up, threw some pants on drove to school. While walking in I noticed these big white spots on my pants. About the size of dimes or quarters all up and down my thighs. I figured I had to go through the whole day with these spots on my pants, but then touched a spot with...
What low range selvedge jean ($100-$200) is close to the cut of Levi 514s? I got some Matchsticks from Levis and they're more tapered than I like. Thanks.
This coat is on final sale and I'm thinking about picking it up. I'm a small guy, 5-7, 120lb, 34" chest. The regular fit in X-Small is $70 and the slim is $156, for some reason? Anyway, how big of a difference is there between the two cuts? Which should I opt for?
Quote: Originally Posted by venessian psg (pocketsquareguy) was referring to you (doublemazaa) I'm pretty sure. Ha, my bad. Not my normal webforum identity. I see they're having a MTM event at my local BB. What's the ballpark costa on these MTM suits?