or Connect

Posts by joneog

Quote: Originally Posted by katiedaddy I have a job interview next week and from past experience I know I am pretty bad at it since I am still stuck at my current job for 4 yrs now. I recently talked to my buddy who's been job-hopping for years and after telling him about how I received no job offer from 5 interviews I had in the recent past, he told me it's probably because I started the interview with terrible impression; firm hand shake. According to...
Quote: Originally Posted by thekunk07 I see your goldendoodle and raise you a newfoundland puppy (she's about 150 lbs now)
Pants arrived in a day, great seller, glad it's going to a good cause. -jon
Quote: Originally Posted by EBugatti If you can stomach going to a fine restaurant and sit next to a grown man in shorts and flip flops while you are in a suit spending $300+ per person, I guess that's your choice--perhaps you don't mind eating at the table by the restrooms either... but many of us (as has been noted above) prefer to dine in an environment which is inviting to all the senses, and not just taste. How many times have you been...
Quote: Originally Posted by otc Depends what you mean by buzzwords...obviously you don't want to be the guy who writes "cross-synthesized post-hoc synergies" but you want to include the key words/acronyms that they expect to see (I think this is what BC2012 was talking about). You might want to still put the word "Excel" on your resume somewhere in case some HR drone doesn't realize that your previous experience clearly required someone who knew how to...
Quote: Buzzwords are what HR people are taught to look for I suppose that depends on where you're applying. Not all resumes go onto a giant pile to be sifted through by HR. Quote: Never, ever go over one page. It's resume building 101. I thought the same thing until I talked to a friend who does a lot of recruiting in finance/banking. It's just not possible for someone who has held multiple positions to fit everything...
Some of these have already been mentioned but here's my .02 : 1) No objective or fluff... Avoid cliches and buzzwords, its obvious. 2)Keep it simple and streamlined (no need for it to be 1 page but don't make it an auto-biogrpahy) 3)Only add extra-curicular/hobbies/volunteer activities if it's relevant to the position; no one cares that you have an awesome stamp collection. Exclude references until asked to provide them. 4)For work experience, don't describe what...
Quote: Originally Posted by Stazy In regards to crate training and separation anxiety, will the anxiety automatically improve with time? I I leave jake alone in his crate for an hour he pretty much howls the whole time. That being said, I haven't been very consistent in training him. If it were to become a daily routine could I expect better results? Ideally I'd like to be able to leave him in his crate for up to 4-5 hours and not have him be anxious...
pm sent on 8
Great pants, fast shipping thanks, jon