or Connect

Posts by joneog

Quote: Originally Posted by chloeh Yes, I understand why they do it, unfortunately. I just don't think they should do it, or should be allowed, by law, to do it (assuming they still do?). In a time where we are all, supposedly, so concerned about the environment that we can be prosecuted/fined for throwing away a tin can, rather than recycling it (in the UK, anyway and probably, also, in France, I would imagine?); how come LV are allowed to burn brand...
Quote: Originally Posted by phxlawstudent I see them all the time at Nordstroms Rack. Once, I even saw a navy with navy stripe. So very close to solid navy, it was passable. They are priced at 500-550. Last time I was at Century 21 they had quite a few HF for $500. Also a few decent looking HSM Gold Trumpeter for $300.
Some pictures
Quote: Originally Posted by Geoff Gander No idea, but I like old ads like this one. There was a certain eloquence to them that is, IMO, sadly lacking in modern advertising. When was the last time you heard clothing described as having an, "aristocracy of style"? Purple prose, perhaps, but still.... Agreed. They have some other adds if you search google images, but the text is tough to read. Here's a photo of a corner sign I...
Anyone know about them? When/if they went out of business, quality etc. Searched the forum and the web but couldn't find anything except some ads from the 1920's.
Quote: Originally Posted by Achilles_ Good point, where does he get them? that, and who buys them? Pissing your pants is bad enough; wearing said pants is disgusting; but buying someone elses is next-level gross.
Quote: Originally Posted by Achilles_ Me: Dear dbdragracer1, Are you seriously trying to sell these pants for that price when it is very clear that they have a massive urine stain on the crotch? dbdragracer1: Yes. I'm quite aware of the defect, which is, you know, why I disclosed it...I've sold about 40 pairs with similar stains at about the same price over the years. Thanks. the bigger issue here is that this was the 40th...
Quote: Originally Posted by niidawg3 for the life of me, i can't understand how people equate pets to humans!! i grew up with pets .. many pets ... and they are NOT humans ... and will NEVER be humans. there are humans out there dying of hunger/starvation etc and peeps are putting their dogs on diet plans. same peeps who enjoy a well made steak. Pets may not be humans, but humans are just "intelligent" animals. Sorry, I know it's...
Holdfast has one the best FU jackets but, like he said, the shoulders are an issue. TTO seems to always looks great. Orgetorix, a decent amount of FU but not enough. Good fit, great tie. NewYorkRanger, shoes/jacket/jeans are amazing. (not crazy about the shirt though) LilacCords, that jacket makes me want to sucker punch you, so you win.
Quote: Originally Posted by acridsheep You say you disagree with me, but it is hard to see where we break ranks. For most people just starting out with working out, fat reduction will show more muscles, faster, than new muscle creation which takes much longer. It is much easier to burn fat than build muscle. This is why lean, skinny guys who work out look really ripped (a la Brad Pitt in Fight Club, which everyone seems to point to as an ideal - he weighs...