or Connect

Posts by Avocat

^^^I just sent you a PM, OTC (and my pleasure
And so, T.O having been eliminated, with the choice now being as b/w Calgary and Van (and the subject of the Leafs having come up), I thought I'd share the following (tongue-firmly-in-cheek): An elderly Toronto woman wrote to Mr. Ballard, the owner of the Toronto Maple Leafs (as he was then), explaining how she'd been a fan of the Maple Leafs all her life, and that her only dying wish was to see a Stanley Cup worthy game. Touched by her letter, Mr. Ballard wrote her back....
Hey, guys, this just in: Following Nicola's information, I did a bit more research to find out that Boss had a pact with Harry Rosen, Inc. (the Canadian retailer we Canucks have been talking about here). Boss enters into agreements with so-called independent retailers (including Rosen) to open and operate Hugo Boss stores; indeed, Rosen signed a deal with Boss to open a number of flagship Boss stores in the US in 1998, only to sell the stores back to Boss on account of the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Nicola http://www.marketinghalloflegends.ca...arry_rosen.php Not exactly how I remembered it but he did sell part of the business to Dylex then buy it back. Eaton's was always notch or two below Simpson's in Toronto. The stores , the stock etc. Eaton's was always a full service department store. The catalogue came after the stores. I don't remember when the catalogs were stopped but it wasn't that long ago....
^^^ Wooden escalators at the flagship Eaton's store? I don't recall that, though I do recall the building of the Eaton Center somewhat, my grandmother reminiscing about the "early days" when T. Eaton's was a catalogue store As to Rosen, are you referring to the Burkhoff "Ask Harry" campaigns when they expanded to Winnipeg? That was back in the 60s, moving also from Cabbagetown to Richmond St. (T.O financial district, and people came from all over Canada and the US to...
^^^ I'm sorry to hear this, too, Mr. G. What Rube and Thomas say is the law up here in many provinces, too. Depends on state and province obviously, but in Alberta for e.g. (being north of the Dakotas), in cases of hidden and concealed defects, realtors, inspectors and sellers have also been found negligent in favour of buyers. Where the seller has an obligation to disclose, this obligation passes to the real estate agent listing/selling a property; if the disclosure...
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord-Barrington The correct answer is NEITHER. Tell your employer to suck it and move to Montreal. The only people who would pick Toronto over Vancouver are idiots who've never lived anywhere else and the only people who'd pick Vancouver over Montreal are anglos afraid of French who don't like great food, beautiful women, an amazing nightlife, a relaxed work culture, and affordable housing. Yeah, right, that must be...
Quote: Originally Posted by EMY I feel that some of the Nikon "gold ring" lenses are overrated. Cannot compare to Canon equivalent though. Nikon 17-55 seems about the same as 18-55, except for the f2.8. Everyone has their favorite, and that's cool That said, I shoot FX (full frame) format (Nikon D3 with the D700 backup, professional series with professional lenses, and (sadly) professional prices, too. Nikon metal, with Nikon's AF, speed...
@ Alfamale and Sonick:
Quote: Originally Posted by otc Canon EOS Digital Rebel T2i w/18-55 IS Lens Kit + a 16GD sandisk ultra 2 card + a slr holster case and a 58mm UV, Polarizer & FLD Deluxe Filter kit for $779 Nikon D5000 kit + DX VR Zoom-NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED IS + 4GB Card + Carrying case 750$ at Costco Canon EOS Rebel T1i Digital SLR Camera w/ EF-S 18-55mm Lens IS Kit: $527 or less + Tax Nikon D3100 Digital SLR Camera 14.2 Megapixels w/ 18-55MM VR Lens $574 AC...