or Connect

Posts by Avocat

Fuuma: You have been put on notice. Govern yourself accordingly.
Quote: Originally Posted by Fuuma I reserve my contempt for those people who truly deserve it... One comment, and only one: the only thing you said that is right is that I WAS/AM born into it; you can masquerade around as a turtle ninja comic character (or is that world of warcraft (WOW) PAWNZ all you like; mental illness or drugs, or don't care what. Take your little circus act / hiding behind the avatars to your own fantasy world ....,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Doc4 Avocat, hopefully you still feel welcome here. On a recent podcast at ASW about shoe polishing, http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/...shoe-care.html , the professional shoe-polisher interviewed recommended using high-quality polishes rather than cheap ones, and also hit on the cream v. wax issue too. Certainly worth a listen. Thank you, Doc: you are most kind, and much appreciate the link, as well as the...
What Palin sees from her rooftop is AMERICA -- though she and her family do come to Canada for the healthcare. SO... wrong address, Lasbar. Uh, we have social welfare and healthcare up here-and all those taxes to go with it. That Cat looks like WC Fields (give it a top hat, I think). Oh, one last thing about Canada ... we sure can dance, and on Ice too -- Can you Americans do that? Well, can you? Mama Britain can, but can you Americans do that? Uh ..... NO. Then, we are...
Quote: Originally Posted by Harry Lean Short answer is that it dries the leather and cause premature cracking. Avoid. Forgive me for resurrecting an old thread, but been searching the forums for information about Kiwi regular polish (and if there's info here about same, I apologize in advance for not being able to find it in my search). Anywho, ... I well realize (and avoid) the Parade Gloss for reasons stated; I also follow a similar...
We don't have a tea party in Canada, nor any George W.s or Sarah Palins either, thanks. In fact, we are one of the best educated countries in the world, and don't ask stupid questions either. We do have CD Howe Institute among other internationally renowned institutions, and among the best universities and grad programs in the world, but I digress ... Education and experience tell me to buy something of quality because it lasts longer. Does one really need a Ph.D or two...
Quote: Originally Posted by Made in California [color=Indigo] Here is an example, I am sure I will do a bad job because I am not you and I am not sure the points you are trying to get across. tl;dr - All Japanese are crazy and who likes hippies anywho, but the Carrera has been around for 150 years!!! So now people can respond without reading the whole post; we don't all get paid to read StyleForum you know! Made in...
Quote: Originally Posted by RSS A delusional Canadian/ien ... even worse. That said, we can just ignore his opinion here in the US ... that's what I usually do with Canadian/ien opinions. By all means ... The best delusion of it all is someone daring to 'judge' others for consumption (I hear Hilary Clinton's voice screeching in the background, why is that?), and making a whole bunch of assumptions. The best was the petite-bourgeois comment (a...
Quote: Originally Posted by niidawg3 Team USA looks impressive!! Anyone know who outfitted them? Can't believe they allowed the soccer team to leave the US to the World Cup in those sloppy khakis. Oh ... the blonde in the red dress has Tiger smiling ... RL designed for Team USA for the opening ceremonies in Beijing and Vancouver. As to Tiger, heh, doesn't take much: everything in a dress seems to get him smiling ... his comeback...
Quote: Originally Posted by Thracozaag Yes, I believe based on the short story "Second Variety." Apparently there's an adaptation perhaps his finest book, "THe Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch" in the works. There's also a very faithful adaptation of "Confessions of a Crap Artist", but i forget the title of the movie (It's in french). koji +1 I quite like Dick, too. I recently viewed Blade Runner again, and it never grows tired. Confessions...