or Connect

Posts by Avocat

Quote: Originally Posted by entrero Sometimes they use Loro Piana fabrics, but command a much higher price. Well stated, and most true of Boss as it is with all branded designers--i.e., why pay more when you can have a made-to-measure item for the same price (or less), being one that is better made (sewn not fused, etc.) and a better fit than RTW, as has been said by others. Here's an article that might be of interest to the OP, which sets out...
The answer is, as in all things, it depends on your tailor and what you want to spend (thus agreeing with what everyone else has said here). A tailor can take sleeves in from the shoulders, take material in, out and cut it down, and add darts, with good ones able to completely re-design a suit for you and/or make other alteration "miracles" if you want, depending on the skills of the tailor and/or seamstress. (If so, be sure to ask the tailor for work samples, along with...
You're welcome, and my pleasure. Generally speaking, and for general informational purposes only without rendering a legal opinion or advice [or any opinion or advice whatsoever, with the further disclaimer also that I am not a licensed attorney in the UK but in North America, and as such speaking in the utmost generalist of terms here, for informational purposes as above said (which I have to say, right?)], business sellers who sell to consumers in the UK are bound by...
Paris is a must. It's one of the jewels of the planet, being the start of modern (Western) civilization, thought, law, culture and art (i.e., Charlemagne). Sadly, there is a problem in Europe -- no borders. The Roma (and their dogs) and illegal immigrants, predominantly from middle-eastern countries huddle all over but especially in Paris, which gives them sanctuary. France believes in "humanity not expulsion", but has switched direction (a thorny problem everywhere). I...
+1 on Rome and Boston Legal both. Star Trek: just when I started to get into the last one--Enterprise--it was over. I failed to appreciate Voyager at the time it aired. (A shame, since I've enjoyed watching re-runs of it since, though laugh a bit today sometimes when I see re-runs of TOS which as a kid I truly loved). I agree with Manton that DS9 had pretty much run its course (it was a good series), but was sad to see TNG go. (I know, certain actor(s) left and/or wanted...
A student in the U.K.? How very exciting, and congratulations on the commencement of your studies! Yes, generally speaking, e-tailers must accept a return of items you're not satisfied with when buying over the Internet. Each place has its own rules on this, and in the UK it's the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000. These regs recommend a return period of 7 working days, within which the consumer can return their goods without giving a reason. This...
Quote: Originally Posted by DeCaloFashion1 The Jerk IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREETIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the...
Quote: Originally Posted by CDFS Correct. I'm afraid I haven't seen much SNL, due to me living outside of the US. I have heard posters lament about SNL's decline in funniness. I.e., it must have been funny once. SNL’s only shown to audiences in North America? Pity! Yes, I agree that SNL was funny in the past (fresh, talented writers, perhaps?). Most of the original SNL cast went on to enjoy successful film careers. These comedians include:...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jodum5 Though I still remember it clearly because my friends laughed at me for the mistake, it's quite likely she was just a biatch. Don't really care though. Yes, I understand completely and agree. I truly hope that you did not leave her a tip (again, you did nothing wrong; also, it's not like you called her "Garcon" (boy), right?). Your observation is bang-on and correct, and I doubt she's still employed in the...
Quote: Originally Posted by CDFS (Better) Gostbusters made me laugh. Another one is The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou Braindead (come on: perfect, now that I'm out of the "wearing of the far too many hats to count" mode ... and found the "edit" function Life Aquatic, being the movie about the shark with Bill Murray, right? I like Bill Murray's work also. Do you remember SNL (original cast) with him and Gilda Radner doing the news-spoofs...