or Connect

Posts by Avocat

Quote: Originally Posted by The Mitchelli As with all these things that could offend even when you are trying to do the right thing... 'Know your audience' and 'be aware of your environment'...... Unfortunately you can only do so much. There have been times when I have been a traditional gentleman, only to have a lady roll her eyes and mutter under her breath 'I can open my own doors... thank you!'. Once again, I concur with you...
Quote: Originally Posted by ArliHawk` Just got my 50th anniversary 1461's in the mail today. Haven't worn these for a while, and I forgot how heavy they are. The leather looks like great quality, and I can't wait to break them out. The gold eyelets and lace tips are a very nice touch, as is the pebble grain. Oh, what a fun thread to have stumbled upon, and congrats on your new boots, ArliHawk. I fondly remember DMs, which were popular not...
Firstly, congratulations on your Pentax and welcome to the wonderful world of DSLR photography. I trust that you're enjoying it!! If it's high quality you want, see: Adorama http://www.adorama.com/ It's where the pros and serious amateurs go, and have for years (depending on what you want to spend of course). If you're like most starting out, you're likely capturing a ton of images, which adds up in printing costs (I hear you). If so and don't want to spend a lot of...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jodum5 You could just get up and let them take the seat if they like. You don't need to offer it to them. +1
Quote: Originally Posted by The Mitchelli What a great thread. I am all for old fashioned etiquette, but even I agree some rules need updating. It's great seeing people applying modern logic to traditions that in some cases are hundreds of years old. Agreed. Opening a door, etc. isn't a commentary on the status of women in today's society or anything of the sort, but a sign of good manners, I agree. Most women appreciate these gestures,...
Sonick, with all due respect, your question is a thorny one; crossing jurisdictional boundaries by taking music online subjects you to a multitude of laws on the matter. Honestly, seek out legal advice. For general informational purposes only (and in no way rendering legal or any advice), many online are operating under the mistaken belief that there is a non-commercial use exception which allows them to upload/download works, but which belief is untrue: basically,...
Quote: Originally Posted by CDFS I was subtle before. I feel a more direct approach may be in order. Your sentence structure is horrible, almost unreadable. Try using capitalisation and periods. Also, see the bolded. What do those even mean without their counterpoints ( ')'). That matter doesn't concern yourself, it having seemingly been resolved, but I thank you for your concern. As to what you are referencing, your prior comment was in...
Quote: Originally Posted by scurvyfreedman Go read an economic text on necessity goods, normal goods, and luxury goods. Then get back to us. Quote: Originally Posted by EZETHATSME I like nice shit, and am willing to pay a lot more for a slightly better product. EZ Quote: Originally Posted by bellyhungry People should do whatever makes them happy ans should be able to spend their money however...
So many beautiful time pieces here, just brings tears to my eyes! Hmmm, been collecting for some time now also, but my favorite pieces these days seem to be my Rolex Oyster Royalite, c. 1940s (my IWC Portofino is my daily wearer currently). On weekends, I enjoy my vintage WWII Rolex Skyrocket (shockproof, military dial) which I inherited from my father (along with his gold Air King). Otherwise, I’ll put on my vintage Tudor Oyster Air Lion (by Rolex), c. 1950 (jet-black...
Quote: Originally Posted by james_timothy Here's a pointer to the Frenchy and oneeightyseven throwdown. You may want to use it to brush up on your chops. That was my whole point, JT (and I am exceptionally well brushed up on the law of cyberspace, having said what was needed, thus avoiding any such chop fest, both here and for all time, which I for one do not engage in, nor do I find amusing. Trust that will be the end of it, but feel free...