or Connect

Posts by Avocat

Quote: Originally Posted by Larson McCord Tassel loafers are considered 'old guy wear' ... [sic]. Right, Prince William (who loves his tassels and tweeds) is so old, I mean, being born in 1982 makes him what? Almost 30 *gasp* ... then there's that whole "old school" prep school crowd who love them, and always will as I do--i.e., Yale, Harvard, Dalhousie, etc. You obviously are not British and/or from the North-East. Tassel loafers (all...
Don, Punic Wars ... If that's how you swing, i.e., "punics" (way too funny), might want to try La Petite-Italie (along Boul. Saint Laurent) ~ signed, British North America (s'sly, safe travels, and have fun in Montreal!).
Quote: Originally Posted by Don Carlos LOL, you've got your history kind of screwed up. Like how you screwed up until we saved your asses in the Franco-Prussian War. If it wasn't for me, you'd be speaking Franco-Prussian right now, bitch tits. Sincerely, America (Fuck Yeah) Stop getting your history lessons from Rambo movies, Don. Try a history book. I know, in Hollywood it's difficult to separate fact from fiction perhaps (either that, or...
Huh? Civil War? Uh, hate to break it to you, but that was b/w the North and the South, USA (before California's time, I know, being but a baby at the time, but I thought you should know). Meanwhile, in the war of 1812, when the US troops showed up under cover of night to try and conquer Canada--without a declaration of war, I might add (yes, your country was a spoiled child, very bad), and burned down what is Toronto today, we chased them back all the way home. They were...
Quote: Originally Posted by Don Carlos (America) is the biggest dead-beat debtor in the world ... Canada is leading the G-20, the number 1 economy in the world ..." . FTFY ... yeah, sure sucks to be us. And if by "sucks" you mean in reference to Canada that it sucks to have balanced books and compared to you and, well, all of the G-20 essentially, be debt-free (unlike you, we own our debt load, so as to have no foreign investment masters,...
Quote: Originally Posted by IrateCustomer You mean lovingly referred to as "the 51st State"? Heh, and here I thought that Israel be the 51st state (Enough with the Canada and US bashing alike already. As to the Quebec thing, well, some are just really sore losers seeing as their separatist party looks like they're losing seats to a federalist party in the upcoming election, according to recent polls; then, les separatists are not exactly...
Quote: Originally Posted by Makoto Chan How/when/where/why does one wear chocolate brown suede tassel loafers? Was recently awestruck by a beautiful pair of Ralph Lauren Purple Label shoes. Why, they're for loafing of course, in style! Brown suede shoes, and tasseled loafers especially, are the epitome of British casual elegance, being a true classic--and forever popular--on this side of the Atlantic in the North-East especially--i.e., the...
Quote: Originally Posted by amstokesdb9 Does a shoe width not convert evenly between US and UK sizing? In other words, does a UK sized shoe with an E width convert to and American D? Sorry if this a an ignorant question. Amstokes, it's not an ignorant question, being asked all the time as it relates to specific shoes/boots, as the size varies depending on the materials used (leather, suede, exotic, etc.) and the last upon which they're made....
^ California economy? WHAT economy ... And uh, London-Toronto stock merger says thanks America for keeping our seat warm for us but, in the words of your famous body-building governator, WE, the British Commonwealth BE BACK (but we like NYC here in English Canada, so they can come along, too. The more, the merrier, as this be NORTH AMERICA--we're just one big happy family, eh?). BACK ON TOPIC: I wish they all could be California girls ... Montreal and Toronto be dam'd...
Quote: Originally Posted by FLMountainMan Avocat - your posts are usually very well-written, but I have no idea what the hell you are trying to say with this one. It's just all over the place. ... I was referencing the "free love/free spirited" times of the 60s/70s, where anything they got as in STD was (apparently) cleared up with a simple shot of penicillin; this, according to those who lived, loved and had fun at that time,...