or Connect

Posts by Avocat

Quote: Originally Posted by Kid Nickels definitely! Prague is beautiful & certainly more affordable than Berlin, Paris, etc. Fresh Pilsner Urquell on tap was running about 50 cents US/ liter during happy hour last time I was there. And the women ain't to shabby either Pils? Isn't that malt flavoured water-like Budweiser-that no self-respecting German would call beer? (just having some fun, teasing, and sounds like you had a good time...
OK, for fun, thought I'd see if it was theoretically possible to do Berlin on a "backpack around as a university student of little means" as per holymadness' comment--and guess what? It apparently is! Here you go, Sherman: http://www.hostelbookers.com/hostels/germany/berlin/ A list of hostels/dorms for you to sort through if that's what you want. They don't come any cheaper than that, I imagine (ideal for university students of little means w/ a backpack, I think)....
Quote: Originally Posted by Sherman90 I'd like to visit a friend over in Europe without breaking the bank. 7 days total, so it could very well be all in one spot. Any recommendations? I've heard the Euro travels relatively far in Berlin. That could be nice. Sounds great! Ah, but what are you looking for and what is your idea of "not breaking the bank" aka "cheap"? If you're thinking Berlin, why, indeed, a wonderful place. There's something...
Quote: Originally Posted by milosz re: pixellated and blurry, make sure it's not an issue on your end. Are you uploading JPGs sized appropriately for prints? DSLR sensors are absolutely wonderful for most purposes. Pentax K-x's 12.4 megapixel APS-C-format CMOS sensor (total pixels: 12.9 million) is sufficient for rendering 20x30 posters from an arm's length view, depending on the glass (lens), although the quality starts to drop (Note: it's...
Quote: Originally Posted by SField I had good food there. I want to go back and try a lot more game. Quote: Originally Posted by CouttsClient #1. Doesn't seem to have had a meal at the restaurant but was trying to get her review count up so she could get "Elite" status...it appears she did. #2. Seems to have had an actual experience to write a review about. Most other reviews of that place are stellar* I've...
Quote: Originally Posted by SField Is this Canoe? Yes it is; you win the prize, Sir. Next cocktail is on me
Quote: Originally Posted by kwilkinson People on Yelp are sometimes so funny it's sad. ... Responders: either continue with the pile-on of shitty yelpers or post your own shitty reviews for us to make fun of you. OK, I'll bite. Here are two reviews, posted by Yelpers, about a resto in Toronto. I am fond of this particular restaurant (wonderful cocktails), which has won numerous awards. Basically, it's casual refinement, and known for its...
Quote: Originally Posted by Gravitas Those jeans.
Quote: Originally Posted by tomgirl The only reason he looks "ripped" in those pictures is because he'd probably been starving himself prior to the photo shoot in order to get a lower BMI and therefore look like he has abs of steel. It's like scrawny teenage guys who think they have a 6 pack because they can't gain weight and shoot up to 6'2 in, like, 4 days. Yes. It's definitely what some models -and actors/resses-do, so you very well could be...
Quote: Originally Posted by sonick Good ol' Canadian boy. Ryan? Made a pretty cool mutant ("Deadpool") in X-men, too, I think. Had no idea that it was him 'til I read this thread, or that he was Canadian. Come on, guys: surely you agree that he does have nice abs ... doesn't "mean" anything if you do, and not sure ladies get as excited about abs to the same degree as men do. But I could be wrong about that. Tous les Québécois/all the...