or Connect

Posts by Avocat

True or not, I suppose it*could* happen, and has nothing to do with whether he is homosexual or heterosexual. Basic biology 101: if it's groped enough, it can shoot off, sexual dysfunction or not. And it doesn't mean he liked it either: that kind of thinking has been debunked (yeah, it can happen even although the mind says "no"). Not saying that it did happen, though. But if he did get arrested, and I'm not saying that he did, then it seems to me that the TSA should get...
@Kark & Go: Kark, you think that's bad? I remember students in Edmonton running around in Docs with shorts when it was not quite spring, yet not quite winter either (apart from the great skiing, etc., those Edmonton winters are brutal, making Ottawa seem like Florida by comparison: those westerners are tough, but nuts!!) NYC winters? Well, he'll want full grain, oily waxy leather which he can mink oil, such as Docs or Blunds, ... and yes, definitely needs to pay attention...
Kark, he lives in NYC, not northern Canada. NYC doesn't have snow like Toronto (which is like Connecticut), much less Ottawa or Montreal (where it's icy cold and where the wind and snow doth blow). It's mild in NYC, not being the same at all. Docs have a ranger sole which is grippy, and with socks he'll be fine (it's just not that cold in NYC, but I wouldn't wear them in Ottawa this is true). They've a winter line, as do Blunds (Blunds work, too). Ah, but you wore...
Quote: Originally Posted by CDFS Sorry about that FLMM. Couldn't you just meet up, give each other a bear hug and pretend nothing has happened? @Avocat: I think randallr was talking about FLMM, as in FLMM is a lawyer. Even in his own jurisdiction instead of, I don't know, Canada (no hate). None taken (both Canada and the US, and it's all from British law, though As I said initially, it's highly likely that this whole thing will blow...
[quote=BubblyMasquerade;3858410]omgawd. what was that, your head is in your ass? Oh, right ... YOU PEOPLE ARE PISSED OFF. You don't say? But can't help you, Omgawd: pro bono time's over. But if you stick around long enough, I'm sure that someone else might come along and play your game.
Quote: Originally Posted by CouttsClient I think it was clear what you were saying. It's the last couple of posts that make you appear...like someone who could start an argument in an empty house. Those were directed at someone else who made a lame attempt to insult me, on my telling the individual actually concerned to speak to a lawyer. Being unable to add anything to the discussion other than to call me a "lurker", I thought it best that...
Quote: Originally Posted by CouttsClient There are many lawyers here. Quite a number practice at a very high level. I'm not sure what you're trying to do... I was responding to a fellow here who claims he has reason to believe that he will be named as a defendant in a pending civil action, telling the individual to speak to an attorney about it, and reminding him that the SF forum is a public board. Contrary to the beliefs of most, there is...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bhowie :yawnz: yes, go have a whiskey. actually, might want to make it a double.
Quote: Originally Posted by randallr I think he is a lawyer. Am I wrong? No, you are not. And why I specifically told him to speak to his lawyer, which one should always do when you believe that a law suit is or may be pending--i.e., before you are served, when you have reason to believe it is coming. I also told him that doing so should put his mind at ease. In the meantime, I would strongly advise him not to have any further communication...
@ Bhowie and Rube: OK, wise guys, why don't you two put your chops to good use and share with the class the law of torts, specifically, as it relates to civil assault and battery, the right of self defense, the policies behind it as well as its limitations, and whether the fact that alcohol was involved has any bearing or relevance to the facts of this case, as relayed to us by the individual concerned. I would also like you to explain to the class the professional rules...