or Connect

Posts by Avocat

Quote: Originally Posted by T4phage Three guys, a Canadian, an Iraqi and an Israeli are out walking together one day. They come across a lantern and a Genie pops out of it. "I will give you each one wish, that's three wishes total," says the Genie. The Canadian says, "I am a farmer, my dad was a farmer, and my son will also farm. I want the land to be forever fertile in Canada." With a blink of the Genie's eye, 'FOOM' the land in Canada was forever...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kuro those are really nice and at a spectacular price I agree, and really like the toe! Wear them in good health, Edmorel *sigh* gotta admit, Viral: the shoe selection at Vaughan Holt's is by contrast rather slim pickings by comparison every time I've went anyway -- so Black Friday, while kinda neat to have now in Canada (first time this year, as noted) does of course have a way to go (Americans have it perfected,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Viral I'm from Toronto, born and raised, and have a good feel for how far the CDN $ goes. For me personally, the 13% tax itself is a deal-breaker. The example you gave might be one of the few items priced cheaper in Canada, but not realistic as B&H is rarely the cheapest on the things they sell. Keeping it apples-to-apples, let's stick to clothing (since we're on a clothing forum). Harry Rosen's lowest sale price (even on...
Arte, you might also want to check out the Bioware related sites, such as neverwinter nights, dragon age, etc. Based out of Edmonton, Canada, their main site also has a ton of general information including skills etc. necessary for different jobs they routinely hire for (and don't forget the whole administrative and management side of gaming, like for e.g. accounting, legals and business management, etc. which is a huge part of the entertainment industry, including...
Quote: Originally Posted by Viral Black Friday in Canada.....interesting. However, no CDN retailer will be able to compete on price with their US counterparts, so I'm not sure what the thought behind this would be. Sounds like a losing proposition for American consumers........ Not sure what you're talking about, unless it's the US dollar (back where it should be vis-a-vis the CDN dollar, as in, par, and where it's been historically). Canadian...
Quote: Originally Posted by impolyt_one roll cage, exotic wood interior, polished out VR6... the pinnacle of taste Sounds great, actually, but he's going a lot further than that, me thinks. As to a VW, why not! Ye Nay-Sayers: I restored an old 914 years ago which I bought off the track (a VW in Europe, re-badged and sold as a Porsche over here, and which was completely gutted for the track, as you can imagine -- so, yes, I totally agree with...
My trees for the most part are Rochesters (the "freebies" from Pediwear, when applicable, are I believe Dascos, split-toe). That said, while no first-hand experience with Woodlores I did a search for you. If you are referring to the Ultra split-toe, you're good to go. In fact, they seem to be the most recommended ones on account of the split toe, both on SF and elsewhere, saying the trees are for an E width, assuming you're using a size Medium tree given your size,...
Quote: Originally Posted by iroh I tried a pair of chukkas in store, they come up enough, I don't think the snow will be a problem. Vasque boots are too ugly. Arn't they for hiking and outdoors too, seems like overkill. Ah, GTA snow? Sure, not a problem these past couple of years perhaps. But depending on where you are in the GTA, these past couple of years in terms of snow fall have been irregular. (No, it's nothing like upstate NY or Quebec,...
Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker peace of mind from staying away from the crowds. Well, uh, you should come up past the 49th then, to avoid that, as we don't have "Black Friday" up here, but better hurry though .... many retailers, in an effort to stem the cross-border shopping tide this year, decided to offer it, and apparently more intend on doing so next year, etc. with a view to having everyone do their Holiday shopping up here....
Wonderful to hear, and yes, I've had nothing but great dealings with them as well. No duty, though? Count your blessings there, Wazupyo. Hear you also on the initial trepidation to place an overseas order. On my first order a long time ago they had a special--free shoe trees--which was what made me take the plunge at that time, being cautious about ordering online especially shoes from the UK also, I admit. (Been back many times since). Yeah, I like Pediwear and likewise...