or Connect

Posts by Avocat

Quote: Originally Posted by kmarriner It was actually the bottom finish on the leather, They are replacing the boots for me. Yeah, it was difficult to tell what was going on with your boots there. Sorry to hear that it's a defect, but always wonderful to hear when a company takes full responsibility and issues a replacement without any drama. Here's hoping you get your replacement boots ASAP, and to many years of enjoyment
@ Kmarriner: not really sure what you did, but did you pile up the polish (i.e., layers on top of layers) without giving it a chance to cure? Also, base layers sometimes crack. If so, you'll have to strip it down and start afresh. The British military do this all the time to their boots (i.e., strip down, give them a good conditioning, brushing off the dirt, etc and polish up to a shine). It's easy to do, but if you're uncomfortable with this, just take your boots to a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Magician ^ Was that the tour that also had TV On The Radio? So fucking blown I missed that. Yes it was, and it really was something else. Sorry to hear that you missed it, Magician, but am happy to tell you that there are NIN/Bauhaus videos on youtube (just checked). Just do a search under "bauhaus nine inch nails" and they'll come up for you. (I'd add the link myself, for a fellow fan, but am under the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarandas Nine Inch Nails, I discovered them recently... . I like the Nails, too. Great performers. Saw them in concert a few years ago, appeared with Bauhaus (a great band) who handed them off the mic in the footsteps of The Who who handed off to the Clash back at a show I saw in the 80s (also great bands)--and it was really cool, being akin to handing off an Olympic torch. As a former musician, my tastes in...
Quote: Originally Posted by L.R. I always cut my own down. There's a lot of good areas where I live. +1 Always real for me, too, Suited. And yours is a great idea, LR. Going on a trip to a tree farm as a family to cut down our own tree and enjoy some farm activities and hot apple cider, etc. with the kids this year. It should be fun, I think.
Quote: Originally Posted by J'aimelescravates Honestly I do not see why there is such an issue with this. If it looks good with your current day's dress, why not? I sometimes wear these with sport coats. I will admit that, by themselves, they look a little -well- questionable. With a coat, be it suit or sport, it should be fine. What is the rule that says you can't? Believe it or not, there are rules which say you don't wear links or...
^^^ They've a no quibble returns/exchange policy, provided you return the shoes/boots to them within 30 days and in the same condition in which they were received -- i.e., you tried them on in a carpeted area so as not to scuff the soles, etc. You'll send them back to them at your cost, and they'll give you a refund or send you out a replacement pair (your choice). If you request a replacement, they'll send it out quickly and even split the cost of sending them to you....
Christmas lights and nativity scenes in July! It's bad enough that, after Hallowe'en but before all the candies could be unwrapped and eaten by little hands, we used to have Christmas music, ads, jingles, etc. etc. etc. (the onslaught has been put off at least now until after Remembrance Day). I'm all for the Holiday spirit and what it's supposed to mean, and do enjoy the tradition of decking one's property out in lights and candy canes. I also appreciate that my...
OK, one more ... The Official Canadian Temperature Conversion Chart 50° Fahrenheit (10° C) • New Yorkers try to turn on the heat. • Canadians plant gardens. 40° Fahrenheit (4.4° C) • Californians shiver uncontrollably. • Canadians Sunbathe. 35° Fahrenheit (1.6° C) • Italian Cars won't start • Canadians drive with the windows down 32° Fahrenheit (0 ° C) • Distilled water freezes • Canadian water get thicker. 0° Fahrenheit (-17.9° C) • New York City...
and so, some HOCKEY HUMOUR!! A Canadian hockey fan, a Russian hockey fan and a soccer fan were all in Saudi Arabia, sharing a smuggled crate of alcohol. All of a sudden Saudi police rushed in and arrested them. The mere possession of alcohol is a severe offence in Saudi Arabia, so for the terrible crime of actually being caught consuming the alcohol, they were sentenced to death! However, after many months and with the help of very good lawyers, they were able to...