or Connect

Posts by Avocat

@Green: Likewise, agree with what Edin said, congeniality is indeed the name of the game (as in, be friendly, but not too friendly--they're co-workers afterall, not friends and family). As to landing your job, congrats on that in the first place. As to no time post-college now that you're working, sorry, laughing my head off (in a good way) w/ fond memories as it relates to your story. E.g., we ALL go through that. It gets better, as you learn to manage your time, and...
Are you sure about that, CPT? I mean, about the parade gloss, yes, but the regular paste? My understanding is that it contains silicone which, unless they've changed the formulation, is not fine, for reasons already stated. As to high end shoemakers using it initially, sure, possibly: I mean, it's not like they're bathing the shoe/boot in it, but merely wanting it to shine bright so as to sell it, right? Not being difficult, just a word of caution. Both C&J and RM Williams...
Green: well, if you're headed to a business meeting or other formal/semi-formal event, then yeah, pants should cover the sock (known as a full break, which is a hem that hits above the heel and a classic rule of tailored dress). Most US tailors, though, prefer the half-break, which tends to show a tad bit of sock when you walk, though not so "skinny" as you say. Really, though, your tailor should have measured you with your shoes on. That said, seems you've a bit of a...
^ Welcome. Asking "what is the best" is a loaded question around here, y'know. Mainly b/c everyone here has there own favorites as well as their own regimen, and about all of which you can read up more on by doing a search on the forums, where members happily share their experiences--as well as tidbits, secrets and horror stories--when it comes to various products and also their own regimen. In my case, I alternate b/w shoe creams and wax polishes for all but exotics and...
+1. Light to mid-brown suede loafers (with or without the tassels), along with summer bucks, and also light-to-mid brown chukka/desert/jodhpur boots are the stuff of summer, pairing nicely with chinos, khakis, and Bermuda shorts, and also smashing with linen, I agree.Of course suede footwear is meant for summer, depending on what you pair them with, and yes they also all carry over into Fall depending once again what you pair them with, as noted above. Ah, Fall: when you...
Try e-bay, where you *might* find a vintage available for auction, though solid gold? You know the price of the ounce these days, right? That's okay, though: at that price, I'm thinking a Movado quartz w/ the Museum dial ... classic "gold look" case w/ the 12 o'clock dot on black dial, on a black leather strap. Iconic.
Nice pilot strap, though kinda different on a navy-style dial. As to the brand of watch, hard to say definitively, given that there are no identifying marks on the dial or strap presumably. Do you know what movement is in the case and/or anything else about the watch? COULD be a Laco Navy though I doubt it, since Laco (Lacher & Co., Germany) brands its dials, apart from some of their flieger line that is (namely, b/c they've "re-issued" modern fliegers based on those which...
You're most welcome, and punk rock roots you say? LOVE IT! As to the Lewis, yes, in a creative environment you can pull that one off with a suit, but I agree with Birdman that, should you have a serious (aka formal) business meeting, the Lewis will be out of place since, at such (formal) meetings, so too would tweed and/or sports coats be out of place. I personally love my full-brogue boots, very versatile, but something I added later on to my rotation, once I had the...
That is very deep, Institches, and well said, though I'm also thinking that Neo has a point. Hmmmm, seems to me that "I love everything about you" is a wimpy way of saying "I love you", a kind of lead-up if you will, by someone who (I think) is a bit afraid to say the three little words even although s/he feels it. I also agree that those 3 little words are quite powerful, though I've heard numerous Europeans complain that we North Americans toss it around a bit too...
@ El Argentino: here's a thread for you which may help to demystify the process for you, http://www.styleforum.net/forum/thread/128749/if-i-hate-law-school-will-i-hate-lawyering . And that's an interesting read, Stazy - a good point and well made, though sorry to hear about your registration woes. Amazing how quickly the system can "find" a student who owes library fees or something in an instant but, when it comes to classes clearly offered, that same system plays "dumb"...