or Connect

Posts by Faded501s

Here's a good thread http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...ghlight=fullum
Quote: Originally Posted by jett I'm still not really sure what makes one style better than the other or more appropriate to different situations, so it could very well be that I have terrible taste in shoes. At the moment I'm more concerned about whether it's a rip off to buy a pair of used Sanfords for ~$40 Dude, I was just playing with you. I'm sure Doc is way too gentlemanly to even imply such a thing. FWIW, IMHO, if you find any pair of...
Quote: Originally Posted by Starguitar I think it becomes a question of how imbalanced is the global economy that these children have to work for themselves or their families in the first place? I think it's just very difficult to understand what kinds of social and economic challenges these people are dealing with when it comes to sending their young off to work. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0859595/ And THAT is the real issue....
Quote: Originally Posted by DocHolliday Didn't mean to imply that, just that they're not widely sought after the way, say, Park Aves are. I think Doc is saying you have terrible taste in shoes and you should buy some Park Aves.
I think pattern matching when possible, because sometimes it is not, is a sign that the smaller details are being paid attention to and therefore a sign of quality. I also think it looks very cool.
Quote: Originally Posted by teddieriley Wow, those are some expensive T-shirts. Why?? Quote: The latest in denim, sneakers, expensive hoodies, and obscure high-end Japanese trends that you're not cool enough for. That spiral design is kinda cool though. I might go $20 if I saw it in a store and was in the right mood
I'm no expert but the Behar shirts I've seen seem very well-constructed and the materials seem excellent and they seem to be highly regarded by other members. A little too blousy for my taste and physique though. I believe that Behar has different quality lines. Also, for those who responded to my previous link, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Alexander Kabbaz (www.customshirt1.com) also put together a couple of other articles regarding shirts you might be interested in (links...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tomasso I have some ideas but I'm afraid that your fiance might find them weird . Hmmm....if it's weirder than hot dog links for weird guys who like to talk about shoes and clothes online...... Quote: Originally Posted by thinman I'm very interested in _double-sided_ sterling silver cufflinks, but I already own a pair of silver knots. I like wearing unique pieces that no one else (or very few)...
Quote: Originally Posted by mizanation i remember american auto workers destroying japanese cars, i remember a chinese man getting beat to death at a denny's for being a "jap", but i don't remember horribly poor quality... Well I do and I'm only 41. I'm with kolecho on this. Whether or not it was the truth, Japanese products in the 70's had the same stigma that Chinese products have today and IMHO it was deservedly so. I've seen some decent...
Welcome to the forum. It's nice to have some more "Chicagoans" here (Oak Park, BTW). As for your question, I think it's really hard to tell if those items are genuine or fake without actually holding them (and even then I don't think I would be able to tell unless it was a total crap-job). FWIW, and I don't know, but I don't think Boss ties are made in China...but then again, it seems "everything" is made there nowadays, including some "top" brand stuff. For...