or Connect

Posts by Faded501s

Quote: Originally Posted by lee_44106 there is no need for trees in shoes just worn after about 2 days. After taht, it's all about lookiing good and serve no useful purpose. This is my understanding of it also. But I just like the way my shoes look with trees in them so I store them all with trees. Still need to figure out/build a bigger/better storage system though...they're scattered in a couple different closets and underneath my desk
I'm pretty sure that RIDER uses a toothbrush for applying and finishes off with Lexol/conditioner and not polish or wax. Anyway, that's what I've been doing since reading about it here. The main thing is that you store your shoes in trees, keep them clean, and condition them regularly (3-4 X a year but I think Ron suggests every 2 weeks).
Quote: Originally Posted by cahlersmeyer Since some people here have had rough pasts with them, what are some other brands that make similar thin style watches, but I do not have to give and arm, leg, and my first born son to get? Yeah, I don't know, I'm not really a watch guy but those old 80's era Seiko Lasalles are the thinnest watches I've ever seen and my watch guy says that they have "the most beautiful movement he's ever seen", FWIW....
^^^Yes, exactly. That's basically what I was trying to say. I don't know what the stats are for SF but I'd bet there are hundreds if not thousands of unique visitors per day that come wandering through here via some kind of sartorial search on a search engine. Google any obscure brand or anything related to men's clothing like "best suit" or "suit construction" or "slim fit shirts" or whatever and SF and AAAC are always going to be in the top 5. Anyone searching about...
I know this probably sounds crazy but my mom would always buy clothes a little big so I would grow into them. When I finally quit growing I was wearing a size too big and that's what I thought was my size. Most of my adult life I just wore a "Medium". I've got a 40" chest and somewhere along the line they started making OTR 16 1/2 - 32/33 dress shirts with 68" chests. I swear, dress shirts have gotten wider over time...so I Googled "shirt darts" or some such thing and...
Quote: Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy I never thought I would buy used shoes. But, once I became a member of SF and bought some shoes that were only worn a few times for a fraction of their retail price, well, I'm now all for it. The key is to know what you are buying and knowing how a brand fits. Yes, me too. I understand the psychological barrier with used shoes (and clothes) but once you get over it the savings are incredible. Clothes...
^^^ +1. Maybe not necessarily a "winter" suit but the fit (and shoes) look great. Oh, and Welcome to SF! (and run like hell if you really can't afford another suit)
I got one about 10 years ago and it lasted about 5 years before it broke down. Took it to my jeweler and it worked for like 3 days and died again and has been sitting since. If I needed to buy a watch I'd buy another just for the fact that I like a lot of the designs and they're one of the thinnest watches available...at a very reasonable price. I've got a couple old Seiko Lasalles that are the sheeot if you have small wrists and need a thinner watch. Good luck trying to...
For your consideration are various outerwear, mostly used but in excellent condition. Prices include shipping CONUS. I hate trying to price things, especially used stuff, and think these are all great deals...but really just need to make room and am open to offers, especially on multiple purchases. Keep clicking on the ImageShack images for full resolution. 1) NWT Toskana leather jacket, tagged Medium. I paid $160 for this online and waited too long to return it. I love...