or Connect

Posts by Faded501s

I know this probably sounds crazy but my mom would always buy clothes a little big so I would grow into them. When I finally quit growing I was wearing a size too big and that's what I thought was my size. Most of my adult life I just wore a "Medium". I've got a 40" chest and somewhere along the line they started making OTR 16 1/2 - 32/33 dress shirts with 68" chests. I swear, dress shirts have gotten wider over time...so I Googled "shirt darts" or some such thing and...
Quote: Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy I never thought I would buy used shoes. But, once I became a member of SF and bought some shoes that were only worn a few times for a fraction of their retail price, well, I'm now all for it. The key is to know what you are buying and knowing how a brand fits. Yes, me too. I understand the psychological barrier with used shoes (and clothes) but once you get over it the savings are incredible. Clothes...
^^^ +1. Maybe not necessarily a "winter" suit but the fit (and shoes) look great. Oh, and Welcome to SF! (and run like hell if you really can't afford another suit)
I got one about 10 years ago and it lasted about 5 years before it broke down. Took it to my jeweler and it worked for like 3 days and died again and has been sitting since. If I needed to buy a watch I'd buy another just for the fact that I like a lot of the designs and they're one of the thinnest watches available...at a very reasonable price. I've got a couple old Seiko Lasalles that are the sheeot if you have small wrists and need a thinner watch. Good luck trying to...
For your consideration are various outerwear, mostly used but in excellent condition. Prices include shipping CONUS. I hate trying to price things, especially used stuff, and think these are all great deals...but really just need to make room and am open to offers, especially on multiple purchases. Keep clicking on the ImageShack images for full resolution. 1) NWT Toskana leather jacket, tagged Medium. I paid $160 for this online and waited too long to return it. I love...
^^^Yes, this...and what m@T said, exactly. I have no dealings with CF but from what I've read, the douchebaggery seems to rank right up there with the infamous Attolini pink cashmere tie incident. Seriously, you're dealing with the most sophisticated of consumers and the excuses have run the gamut, seemingly getting more and more bizarre. The business's namesake is so busy with his career he has just completely ignored the business for 2 years? while orders were paid...
For your consideration: 1) ST Dupont, Paris ties, NWT, 3 1/2" wide. Handrolled square. $25 each shipped. 2) Altea (silk), Talbott (linen) SOLD, Valentino (silk) SOLD. Handrolled and new, never used. $12 shipped. 3) "3 squares", used, handrolled, silk squares. Not perfect but serviceable. I tried showing flaws in pictures. I would keep but I have too many. $15 shipped or $10 with purchase. 4) Bardini, Italy, size 34 for a 31-32...
Quote: Originally Posted by LA Guy One option that I did think about was a system in which X number of threads within Y days would be free, but after that, there would be an insertion fee greater than the bump fee. If this were easy to do I think it would be a great solution, along with a no bump (at all) board. To be perfectly honest, I get somewhat irked seeing the same threads popping to the top due to senseless bumps. All of the "can you...
First of all...Welcome! You're in the right place...and I totally agree with what has been said so far. My advice is to spend as much time here as you can and learn to use the Search function. Unfortunately there's little consensus here and it can be quite confusing. For instance, if you check out the WAYWN (What Are You Wearing Now) thread you will see a lot of different styles and your first impression might be that most of the raving is about outfits that seem...