or Connect

Posts by Faded501s

I reach for brown shoes more often than not but I almost always wear a pair of black wingtip monks or black chelseas if I'm going out to a club, usually with jeans
Quote: Originally Posted by shazeh also, i wanted my shirt length 25", they emailed me and recommended i make my shirt length 29". well, i made it 27" instead. the shirt they sent me is 25 inches long. so they didnt even pay attention to that. i dont care about that part but, they didnt even follow that! i emailed them with pics of my measurements and will see what they offer to do. I just got my shirt from the $20 off deal that was posted in...
Oh man, that (shit) was funny. It's the pictures what did it for me. Kinda related but whenever I let a chick meet my family, and I don't know how the hell this comes up, I always walk into the middle of a conversation where my girlfriend is telling my sister about me peeing in the shower in the middle of the night. WTF
Quote: Originally Posted by dave5 I agree much of it is about the 3%, but I suspect it is not the high minded principle of not wanting paypal to get it. Quote: Originally Posted by aportnoy QFT...I would also add that this thread clearly illustrates that many potential buyers (even highly sophisticated buyers such as Doc H) were comepletely unaware that a personal payment requires them to cover the paypal fees. As a result, this is,...
Quote: Originally Posted by emerckx We all know how this market works. Deal with it, factor the three percent into your asking price and start acting like capitalists, because that's what's happening here, my dears. thanks for the insight newb
Drops. Very nice ties...can't believe they're still here.
Quote: Originally Posted by harvey_birdman It's only "free" if you fund the transfer through your bank account. You should not do this. It's not worth saving the 3% to give them access to your bank account. Your credit card is well protected, your bank account may not be. I can kind of buy into this but would counter that your bank account is probably perfectly safe. PayPal are some evil greedy fuckers but I don't think that even they are...
^^^I think you can "rub out"/remove built-up polish/wax with a good conditioner like Lexol. There is a ton of information about shoe care and antiquing in these threads, 1 & 2.
I really like that tie but it seems the total opposite end of the spectrum from your everyday solid or stripe...even farther out than the "neatness" of a Hermes or Ferragamo Panda pattern. Just saying. BTW, who makes that tie?
I agree with everyone else. The shoulders and chest are the hardest thing to get right and that jacket looks like it fits perfectly in those areas. Stylistic choice or not, your shirt and jacket sleeves really throw that suit into the "I'm in the middle of a growth spurt and will get a new suit when it's over" bin. Really, really bad IMO. And that is a very high button stance (but I like the fashionably high gorge). As far as the vents go, not the best work but I don't...