or Connect

Posts by Faded501s

Here's a couple of things I bought off B&S and never wore. Both are in as-new condition without flaw. 1) Ralph Lauren shawl collar "nautical" jacket. This is a really cool jacket with a lot of different pockets and features. I've just never found occasion to wear it. It's a very heavy cotton jacket, almost like a jersey on steroids type of material. It would be a great winter jacket in most parts of the country (but not in Chicago!) and should provide a lot of warmth....
Quote: Originally Posted by MiniW that is a great deal but wing tips with large metal eyelets are not very attractive IMO +1....total dealbreaker
For your consideration are some really nice belts, mostly size 34 (for waist size 32) which ended up being too small for me. Most are new but there are some used in excellent condition. Please don't ask how I got so many belts I will provide the tagged size, if applicable, along with the measurement to the middle hole (which would be from the end part of the buckle to the middle hole), and the overall length of the strap only (not including the buckle). The width...
New shoes added
Quote: Originally Posted by bmulford the f5/f5 thing all day? I learn something new every day Quote: Originally Posted by FStyles LOL at everything. To all the fans: I'm not a one of you yet, but I'll learn to embrace it (not cause of the $,but for other reasons). To all the opponents: pls take it as a lesson and think twice before starting a thread suggesting brilliant ideas of how to fix something that ain't...
SOLD SOLD SOLD, Thanks SF! VVV - And congrats Incman! You're a great buyer and I wish you could have gotten some of these. Gotta be quick on the draw here in B&S (believe me, we've all lost our share of great deals!).
Another drop.
Quote: Originally Posted by audiophilia Can't think of anything much worse in musical and audiophile terms than adding a sub of any kind (And Rels make some of the 'best') to Maggies Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan The key is to use a stereo pair of subs in my experience. I'm not sure of the exact technical reasons but it seems to make the subs integrate with Maggies as a whole. I think I might agree with...
Quote: Originally Posted by audiophilia Great post, Faded. Keep the passion. Enjoy the music. Ignore the crap. Thanks bro, the comment is much appreciated Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan ^Thanks Faded501s for the kind words. If I may clear up a few minor things... 1. You generally only need to clean an LP once and it should stay fairly clean for a while, especially if you resleeve in Mofi anti-static...
Quote: Originally Posted by Nomad_K Great thread! AF - thank you for taking the time to share some great information. Faded - any chance of you telling us a little more about your current set up? +1, I like the way you explain things AF. and my apologies for neglecting this thread but really, I'm not educated enough to eloquently state what I "know" to be true without the sound engineers making me look like an idiot. I don't want to...