or Connect

Posts by Faded501s

For you guys that are into it, wet shaving can become obsessive and the paraphernalia can start collecting pretty quickly. Here are some great items that I don't or have never used: Overview (L to R): Vintage Schick Injector Razor, Porcelain Barbershop Razor/Brush stand, Handmade in England Pewter Soap Bowl, Made in Italy Silvertip Brush, Silvertip Brush made by Bryce. 1) Vintage Schick Injector Razor in a nice turquoise what I believe to be Bakelite (???). Excellent...
For your consideration are a couple of things that don't quite fit me right: 1) RLPL jacket, tagged 39S but probablt fits closer to a 40S, Made in England, 80% Cotton/20% Cashmere, 3 roll 2, double vented, taupey tan base with very dark (almost black) navy houndstooth. I don't know what to say about this except it's a little to big with a shirt and little too small with a sweater. Just an incredible jacket that I could never get to work for me. Unaltered and only worn a...
Mulholland Anglers bag (Moo "deerskin" edition, LOL) in Bridal Tan. I've used this bag but you would be hard-pressed to tell it from new; it actually just gets better and better and is not even broken in yet. Awesome bag but it looks newer than my Tusting Clipper so I'm going to let this one go. Currently selling for $485...SOLD.
Like the title says, NOS Bostonian Black Punched Captoe 9D, in original box. These are from an era when Bostonian (and Cole-Haan, Florsheim and J&M) made top quality shoes here in the U.S.A...the quality puts current AE to shame. The black punched captoe has always been the perfect go-to business shoe for me; just enough decoration to add a little subdued style yet conservative enough for any business situation. And check out that combination heel! I hate to sell these but...
Got through about 16 pages and there's some great info in this thread. After 20+ years of abusing my body with "convenient" food and dining out, I finally got serious about eating healthier. Chicken breasts, tuna/chicken salads, fresh fruits and vegetables are all easy and staples in my diet now...and have already been discussed at length here. I've not seen mention of wok cooking though. Fast, easy, nutritious and tastes great; you can stir-fry just about anything. It...
Quote: Originally Posted by jrobjr The Plunger is a superb seller, I am sure there is some mistake here. +1, I've had several good transactions with this member. And those cuff links are tempting my minimalist side.
Got these today so bump for a great deal on some sweet summer ties...these are a lot nicer IRL. #3 is closer to the 2nd pic but with a slightly more pink ground and a wonderful linen-like texture...very versatile "go-to summer tie". #17 has a very subtle almost seersucker type texture and I can't think of a better match for the blue/white seersucker suit/jacket. I don't make a habit of endorsing B&S items but these are that nice. All of the snow should melt away next...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tomasso It would take several additional inches just to cover your butt, which is the minimum length requirement.. [/IMG] Yes, this. A jacket should be just long enough to cover you butt. A little more length is acceptable and can be considered more conservative but the jacket in the picture, as-is, is runway cartoonishly short IMHO.
Registrant: Jiang Yi No.3, Room 2008 Pushang Rd 775 Shanghai, NA 200000 Record created on 26-Apr-2009.
While I might agree with the "list it or don't" sentiment, the idea of having a pinned thread just for IC's seems like a bad one. What irks me more than ICs is all of the "Proposal:" and "Let's change B&S" threads; partly because it sounds kind of like complaining to me and partly because I liked the old ways better...you know, when B&S was in the top fold and you could click one link and see everything members had to offer. Then again, sometimes I can be very lazy.