or Connect

Posts by Faded501s

Quote: Originally Posted by alliswell For 3 read 20. Depends on how hard your beard is, and how soft your skin. After three uses I'm still breaking a blade in. +1. I go at least 2 or 3 weeks before changing blades. Tried the Derbies but prefer the Bluebirds which I think cost me about $20 for 500 a couple years ago on the bay. The key to shaving with a DE is to not use any pressure...just drag it along your skin. It sounds and feels like...
Like the title says, I have a Logitech Harmony 1100 remote for $225 and a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ40 for $325. Both are brand new in retail boxes, full warranties, etc. The Harmony box has not even been opened. The Lumix was taken out of the box, lens cap put on, and then put right back into the box. Prices include shipping. Logitech Harmony 1100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ40
Quote: Originally Posted by munchausen I'm a big fan of my Herstal FNP. You could probably find one used for around 300. Quote: Originally Posted by caxt Other generally good options: 1911, FNH FNP, Walther P99, Spring Field XD. Etc. Another fan of the Herstal. I've put 5,000+ rounds through my 40 without a hiccup; including 1,000 rounds of some pretty crappy Wolf ammo (Russian). The thing I like about Herstal is...
Canali also makes some very nice sweaters.
Yes
Quote: Originally Posted by ThatGuy Hate to be an arse, but that looks cheap and tacky... Quote: Originally Posted by ThatGuy We all know it's about defiling your shoes in an attempt to prolong its life. Yes, 50 posts. Yes, dont look like I try too hard. +1 & +1. Totally agree with the noob here.
Quote: Originally Posted by enolasfinest The fact that many SF's consider machine washing and non-iron shirts taboo is plain stupid. These people need to get a life. I haven't kept up with SF as much as I used to but do not recall any knowledgeable members knocking the practice of machine washing shirts. In fact, the most informative articles I've seen recommended the practice. The caveat seemed to be breaking buttons IIRC. I know many only...
At 40 I see little correlation between linear age and what is appropriate attire, outside of trends like Ed Hardy, graphic Ts, "skinny jeans", etc. What seems more important to me is the image I want to present at a particular time. What are the circumstances? What is my mood? In a couple of days I'll be closer to 50 than I am to 40 and the diamond stud that I put in my ear 29 years ago is still there. Don't like it? Think it's passe? Think I'm trying too hard to be...
Color is cordovan (burgundy) but the leather is not "shell cordovan". Worn cordovan has "smooth" wrinkles without the fine lines (that these shoes have).
My tailor said she could do it but that the pants needed to be "re-cut" which basically means they needed to be completely de-constructed and put back together. While certainly cost-prohibitive it might be worth it if the pants are part of a suit.