or Connect

Posts by Faded501s

Quote: Originally Posted by arenaissanceman I think it was Cook's Illustrated, might have been CR, who did a test on the vacuum thingies and found them to be no better overall than just re-corking. +1,000,000,000,000,000,000 Re-cork and keep out of sunlight / maintain temperature
Quote: Originally Posted by arenaissanceman I have yet to see anyone eat a Filet with a fork only. Or a spoon for that matter. Then maybe you should try ^^^ Smith & Wol's
Quote: Originally Posted by mack11211 As someone of your age, I would advise you to be kind to your tendons and joints. Stretch. Also, check out lower impact aerobic exercise -- biking, swimming, etc. These are things you can do your whole life long. Quote: Originally Posted by matadorpoeta if you do something for the fun of it rather than for the health benefits, you'll likely stick with...
The cut depends on personal preference, mood and appetite. When choosing a cut you are basically looking at texture and taste. The ribeye is considered a "man's" cut because it's usually bigger. It contains fat (marbling) that should pretty much disintegrate when cooked (no more than medium), making it nice and tender and juicy. It has a nice combination of taste and texture. No sauce usually but it is done. Filets have little flavor and when done right (on the rare...
+1 on the Nitro Isaias (no personal experience but I've read nothing but good things here on SF). Downsizing pants by 2 is not usually a problem but more than that might be. I'd suggest asking your tailor first or, better yet, seeing if the supplier can make accommodations (I would bet that Jos Bank could probably do that). Either way, good luck and have fun! and welcome to SF!
Quote: Originally Posted by Ivan Kipling Is it really a good book? Must. make. note. to. self. ***************************************** I could not put it down. I'm on it. Thanks for the recommendation!
Quote: Originally Posted by macuser3of5 Over in the first post. +1. the funniest thing I've heard all week. I'm crying.
^^^ Is it really a good book? Must. make. note. to. self. Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt No, Bobby was a prick too. A self-righteous prick no doubt, but "decent" in relation to the rest of them IMO. Quote: Originally Posted by Faded501s ...when Bobby messed everything up with the mob ... Quote: Originally Posted by Augusto86 And are you actually criticizing RFK for going after organized...
Quote: Originally Posted by robin I think the cut of the pants should match the cut of the jacket. It looks bad when one of the two is cut slim and the other is cut loosely. +2. I think looser suits look sloppy or, casual.
Quote: Originally Posted by Augusto86 It's amazing that one man's act of moral cowardice over 30 years ago is the best possible attack you can come up with. And are you actually criticizing RFK for going after organized crime??? Are you out of your goddamn mind?? What I was implying is that Ted Kennedy is a self-serving above-the-law coward at best, or a cold-blooded murderer at worst, and that up until the 60's (at least) the...