or Connect

Posts by Faded501s

Khoa, Welcome to SF. I think you get the award for starting the most boring fucking thread on SF FYI, I'm not giving you shit. I'm just laughing at myself for being so wired and mechanically reading this post...5'9" 8 1/2C, 6'1" 10D, 5'8" 9 1/2D, 6' 9D, 5'7" 11 1/2E, ^ Can we call you Bozo hahaha, 5'11" 10C, 6'1" 10D, 5'8" 9 1/2D, 6' 9D, 5'11" 10C, 6'1" 10D, 5'8" 9 1/2D, 6' 9D...WTF? and Good Night All!
When considering a black belt/black shoe combination with a business suit, I feel conflicted. I like the look of alligator/croc (maybe someone more informed can enlighten me to the differences and/or grades of these) but it seems that wearing an exotic belt with leather shoes would bring too much attention to the belt or otherwise ruin the fluidity of the whole. I was wondering what all of your opinions might be and what "rules" might exist.
Today I... had to get super early to take my Mom to the hospital and threw on this khaki outfit, brown shoes and belt and bolted out the door (late) in a BLACK leather jacket. All day my thoughts alternated between "you're such a dork for not grabbing ANY other jacket" and "you spend too much time on SF" and "No, obviously tou need to spend MORE time on SF" Puffed squares rock!
5'8" 9d
New Santoni Brown Pebble Grain Derbys 9D $50, ends in 4 hrs Look nice but I'm gonna pass. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...2637&rd=1&rd=1
I think those are sweet. I'd wear 'em with jeans and any lighter colored pants (I'm thinking white/ivory linen). I think they could really go with just about any color, even black, but would probably avoid wearing them with heavier materials. Definitely with jeans though (not that a sartorial novice like me should even be making posts with the word "definitely" in it).
Maybe I can get rid if this in Buying and Selling?
Quote: Originally Posted by montecristo#4 Personally, I think he looks great in that picture. The only flaw is that the shoes don't work with the tie, and the tie matches the pocket square. He should go with a lighter tie and maybe a white linen square. I doubt the shoes are "bile yellow" -- that is probably just bad color temp in the photo. Suit, shirt, and knot are great though. +3 (or 4 or whatever) except I like the shoes ALOT.
Quote: Originally Posted by jett new question inspired by shoe research: Is it OK to wear boots with a suit? they look just like dress shoes until you get to the ankle so it seems like it should be OK. "If the shoe fits." I don't think I would walk into my first interview with a Wall Street Investment Firm wearing Ostrich Tony Lamas but...
Quote: Originally Posted by DocHolliday I would guess so, but my experience is fairly limited. I spoke with one salesman who said the sizing was tricky throughout the line, but I'm not sure what effect different lasts might have on the fit. Thanks again for the advice and head's up. I'll definitely follow your advice and call before ordering.