or Connect

Posts by Peter1

Here's a pic of my well-worn sun forger S2W8 fishing bag. Perfect size to hold lunch and a small umbrella. btw it's a small bag, about 10 inches across.
Canvas shirts are good for the price, but the pants punch above their weight class. What the shirts are good for are wearing to work in an office job in which you're active, and the rest of your coworkers dress like its 1995. Honestly, if I wear a LEC shirt and slim chinos I look like Gianni Agnelli.oTOH I don't want to be that guy who peacocks it every day and is known for it. My uniform is pretty much bb sf , gitman vintage and LEC shirts, slim fit chinos from various...
Just got 2 pairs of Elston slim chinos -- very surprised at the quality. Really thick fabric, solid construction and they fit me even better than EP rivets, my preferred brand. (I find the Rivets to be a tiny bit short in the front rise.). I paid retail -- was going to wait for a sale but they aren't discounted all that often. I'd describe the fit as very slim for an American -- but since I live in Paris, I'd say it's a regular French fit...if you have big thighs it might...
Good question --- I suspect that Lands End mainline still does a ton of business in the heartland. I think that Canvas and by extension LLB Signature never really connected with their target demographic, because the quality and styling aren't really at a higher level. don't get me wrong, I much prefer LEC and LLBS to anything on their mainline catalogs. I'm just not sure there are enough people who would rather buy Canvas than, say, the Gap or JCrew, out there.I do own a...
Engrd Grmnts La panoplie Blue in Green chinos and denim house brand Brooks bros slim fit ocbds Epaulet Gitman vintage AA tees Uniqlo oxfords Rest is random
Hello. I'm interested in the shirt. PM sent. Thanks, Peter
I'm 5'11, 39-40" chest, 32" waist, with broad shoulders. But only weigh 160. I'm a cyclist so my thighs and glutes are developed, but I have skinny wrists and ankles. Hardest thing for me is shirts -- anything that flatters my chest/shoulders balloons around my waist. I've found best cuts for me are BB ESF and GV, though even Gitman is a little baggy around the waist. I agree that slightly tapered pants are best for athletic legs -- my go-to is Ep Rivet Chinos. I live in...
The poplin shirts have a really nice hand. The collars are a little stingy for me and I think they could be slimmer in the sleeves, but for the price you can't really complain. Definitely on par with JCrew's house brand shirts. I should pick up a couple more this summer.
Well I have a pair, in suede. What are you asking, specifically? Super comfortable, I'd go TTS or size down 1/2, esp. if you want to go sock less or use thin socks. I find this style to be most versatile -- little dressier than low mocs but not quite as dorky (IMO) as boat shoes or bluchers. (Maybe I should say, "more rugged" rather than less dorky...)
The evening fit would be perfect if jacket matched pants and if tie was smidgen wider. I don't have a lot of rules but you can't have same color suiting separate in different fabric. But I commend NYR, er, I, on nailing the fit. I'm not totally convinced that the morning tie works with the SC. I know he's a tie guy but I'd have gone with no tie and BD collar.