or Connect

Posts by Peter1

Timpoblete and other EG experts: What is EG Intermediates? The description on the Nepenthes blog just says made in the same factories but with a different "mindset." Is there a price/quality difference, or simply a less "engineered" look? The shirts all look very simple -- digging the print that's up on the site right now. I understand the other sublabels -- workaday, s2w8, needles, but Intermediates is a new one for me.
Well, of course you can tuck a "dress shirt" into jeans -- but the jeans should be top quality, be unadorned (or Levi's) and fit you well. (cf. APC New Standard or Petit Standard) And the shirt should ideally be slim but not darted (Gitman Vintage, Band of Outsiders, BB Slim or Extra Slim Fit), and it can't be pressed (light ironing is fine.). Preferably a button down collar I often wear a Gitman Vintage or BB slim fit oxford with raw denim. Another way to wear it --...
Glad to hear it. I'd prefer gray or slate, but if the price is right I'm on it.
Reviving this thread to see if anyone has any other suggestions. I'd love the Mackintosh slim fit that Epaulet is selling -- but $995 is way, way out of my price range (thinking 150-300). http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-1368/Epaulet-x-Mackintosh-Dowanhill/Detail I've found this, but would prefer gray or slate rather than navy: http://www.clubmonaco.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12473654&cp=12243591.12280933.12454393&ab=ln_men_apparel_outerwear Any other...
Please take this as the public service for which it is intended -- but if you take this to a knitting store that hole can be repaired rather inexpensively.
Replace the purple V-neck with a slim white oxford and hem the pants, and it's a winner. T-shirts and brogues = Not Good. They're still dress shoes.
That 30-inch inseam is odd. I don't believe the $178 MiUSA selvedge comes in 30, at least not listed on the Levi's site. Maybe it was an older release? A 30-inch inseam for unsanforized denim is insane, as entrero and Whodini pointed out. Hmmm...bootleg? I love a good denim mystery.
Yes, a pic would be helpful. But I think the easiest way -- assuming they're not vintage -- is to see where they were made. Levis has made selvage in 2 places recently - USA and Mexico. I found a pair of BNWOT hecho en Mexico 501s for $20 at a thrift sale a few months ago. I think they retailed at $98 whereas the MiUSA ones are $178.(If they're really vintage, and a size 32, I'll take them off your hands for %10 over what you paid...just trying to help here...)
I've had good luck with Woolite, heavily diluted, and a gentle sponge. I spilled chili (microwaved too much, reflexively dropped the bowl to avoid 3rd degree burns) on the calf/cuff of a pair of raws a few months ago. I soaked just the lower leg in a pail with lukewarm water and the Woolite and gently rubbed the stain. I didn't notice much if any indigo loss. I've used that a couple of times for spot cleaning, most recently on bicycle grease, and would recommend it.As to...
Are you sure they weren't cords? Levis 514 corduroy are 61/39. And they suck. I bought a pair last year and they wore thru in about 30 wears. Levi's mainline just pisses me off so much.