or Connect

Posts by Peter1

^^^since mine is a cotton flannel I wear it over gray black or white tShirts. I looked at the red wool classic shirt the other day at bellerose here in Paris--IMO that cut works best as a regular shirt rather than an over shirt, mostly because the camp collar needs to lie flat I do have a CPO in the gray herringbone wool that I wear over lonsleeve Ts or over OCBDs as a sports coats substutute.
The classic shirt is a camp shirt with long sleeves.. I have one from 09 I think in a gray flannel plaid. Super comfy but def. short and boxy. One is enough for me.
Re FWK, I forced my wife to try on some of the fw 12 stuff at nepenthes. She loved the golden bear suede jacket but was a bit pricey. She didn't care for the rest. Her take was that it was too unstructured for most women and made her look a little dumpy. What we men tend to forget is that there's a lot more body consciousness among women. (I think FWK is awesome)
Looking for some footwear suggestions. I have a medium whiskey calf CM in the hopper right now -- obviously I have a little time to save $$ for some appropriate shoes/boots! Right now I'm thinking something like roughout jumper/trench/service-style boots, maybe Alden or OSB. Viberg boondockers look nice but the tan color on their web site might be a little light. Medium whiskey is a fabulous color but I only have black, walnut/brown and tan shoes/boots right now. OTOH...
If that's a made in France Chevignon, it's a nice find. I am not positive that all new Chevignon leathers are French made. Quality is good, not top notch, say along the lines of Schott. Anyway, someone will get a nice coat!
1959 Gillette fat boy with Feathers. Omega silvertip badger, nice soap, finish with witch hazel and Floid balm. Cost per shave is like 3 cents.
^^@ktown: I'm 1.5 inches taller than you and 5-7 lbs heavier, and suggested measurements for CM are about the same with a little more in the sleeves an front length. So yours seem logical to me. Guess we'll find out in 4-5 months...
Here's a challenging question for Parisians: I live in Paris, where outside of APC and some random N&F at Colette there isn't much quality denim available for under 200 euros. (About 260 USD -- APC's are 135 euros = 185 or so USD). I've finally worn my BiG N-02s down to the point where they're too faded for work. So, I'm looking for APC-style denim, i.e. no embellishments, that I can try on here in Paris. The Rocker Speed Shop or whatever it's called in the Marais has...
Here's a pic of my well-worn sun forger S2W8 fishing bag. Perfect size to hold lunch and a small umbrella. btw it's a small bag, about 10 inches across.
Canvas shirts are good for the price, but the pants punch above their weight class. What the shirts are good for are wearing to work in an office job in which you're active, and the rest of your coworkers dress like its 1995. Honestly, if I wear a LEC shirt and slim chinos I look like Gianni Agnelli.oTOH I don't want to be that guy who peacocks it every day and is known for it. My uniform is pretty much bb sf , gitman vintage and LEC shirts, slim fit chinos from various...