or Connect

Posts by Peter1

Bandwagon jumper here.I don't really go for the White's/Engineer boots aesthetic. I'm not a lumberjack, never will be, nor do I want to look like an extra from The Wild One. I always lumped Viberg into that look, but seeing the sample sale opened my eyes to the possibilities of alternative leathers on traditional lasts, so I plumped for the waxed flesh pre-order here.Good for Guy Ferguson and Brett Viberg for keeping the brand vital. Now of course the trick is to keep...
Those look great. I'm weighing an investment in a pair of old-school hikers, maybe these, maybe Paraboot Avoriaz. Would want a smooth leather though. I've got a very useful pair of Garmont in nubuck that haven't aged very well aesthetically given that I apply waterproofing every 6 months.I think you'll be happier with the last D-ring. My longstanding complaint about most hiking boots (and I do hike, a lot) is that the last speed hook isn't very secure, and if you catch the...
No, I don't think I'm getting a comparable product if I spend $80 on a BB shirt. (Although I do own half -a dozen of their slim fit OCBDs)Maybe I didn't understand what you meant about undifferentiated. What I meant was that -- and maybe it's too simplistic -- is that when you're talking about something that's largely a commodity (in this case, a quality button down, or perhaps journalism) you want the buying experience to be easy and risk-free. I'm arguing that the tote...
Yes and no. I'd argue that you can buy a quality tailored button-down made in the US from any number of companies, starting with Brooks Brothers (so long as you buy an OCBD) up to Band of Outsiders/EG etc. In fact as Mauro said WvG shares fabrics with some of those makers.The tote program benefit only pays for itself if you can save as much or more than the initial buy in price. In other words, I pay $100, but what if I then buy a $50 T-shirt for half off? Unless I'm...
A little too much "goodfellas" vibe for my taste.
As a Parisian, I approve. My son's just 7 but he's a real monkey. He loves to hit the rocks there.
"I would probably punch myself in the face followed by a shot to the nuts if I knew how much business I have lost due to not having stock in key sizes." Er, please don't. But please do recognize that having ample stock of basics in typical sizes is key. I'm right down the middle, wear Medium tops, 32 waist, 9.5 shoes, and while I know I'll almost never find stuff my size on sale, I do expect to be able to buy at retail... you also asked for marketing suggestions -- I'm...
I'll weigh in, because I've been eyeing WvG for years but haven't pulled the trigger. I' m definitely in your target demographic: I work in a biz-cash office, I prefer traditional styles at work but off-duty like to wear some "interesting" stuff like EG and Spellbound, and I almost always buy from smaller companies that source from living-wage factories, whether MiUSA or MiJ etc. To me WvG's competitors, at least among the SF set, are Epaulet, GV and MTM outfits like...
I used to feel that way, then I moved to Paris. Never seen so many 60 year old men wearing skinny jeans.Seriously, you could wear that quilted suede mdr with a high-end white shirt, a pair of quality denim or slim gray wool slacks and chelsea boots and you'd be a pretty bitchen middle-aged man.
Yup...had to do some horse trading, too. Stoked!Now I'm really in purgatory. Have a ToJ in the queue, can't even remembered when I ordered that.