or Connect

Posts by Peter1

As a point of discussion, i'd prefer no speedhooks -- they catch on pant legs (actually, I'd say no pull tab, either, for the same reason). But it wouldn't be a dealbreaker either way. I love this makeup -- I'll add that the Viberg site and blog has waxed flesh Country Derby boot (2040 last) w/commando sole for those who are interested in closeups of the leather unworn. As for lasts, I'd prefer the sleeker of the two -- But yeah, I'd go for a carbon copy of the original...
^^^since mine is a cotton flannel I wear it over gray black or white tShirts. I looked at the red wool classic shirt the other day at bellerose here in Paris--IMO that cut works best as a regular shirt rather than an over shirt, mostly because the camp collar needs to lie flat I do have a CPO in the gray herringbone wool that I wear over lonsleeve Ts or over OCBDs as a sports coats substutute.
The classic shirt is a camp shirt with long sleeves.. I have one from 09 I think in a gray flannel plaid. Super comfy but def. short and boxy. One is enough for me.
Re FWK, I forced my wife to try on some of the fw 12 stuff at nepenthes. She loved the golden bear suede jacket but was a bit pricey. She didn't care for the rest. Her take was that it was too unstructured for most women and made her look a little dumpy. What we men tend to forget is that there's a lot more body consciousness among women. (I think FWK is awesome)
Looking for some footwear suggestions. I have a medium whiskey calf CM in the hopper right now -- obviously I have a little time to save $$ for some appropriate shoes/boots! Right now I'm thinking something like roughout jumper/trench/service-style boots, maybe Alden or OSB. Viberg boondockers look nice but the tan color on their web site might be a little light. Medium whiskey is a fabulous color but I only have black, walnut/brown and tan shoes/boots right now. OTOH...
If that's a made in France Chevignon, it's a nice find. I am not positive that all new Chevignon leathers are French made. Quality is good, not top notch, say along the lines of Schott. Anyway, someone will get a nice coat!
1959 Gillette fat boy with Feathers. Omega silvertip badger, nice soap, finish with witch hazel and Floid balm. Cost per shave is like 3 cents.
^^@ktown: I'm 1.5 inches taller than you and 5-7 lbs heavier, and suggested measurements for CM are about the same with a little more in the sleeves an front length. So yours seem logical to me. Guess we'll find out in 4-5 months...
Here's a challenging question for Parisians: I live in Paris, where outside of APC and some random N&F at Colette there isn't much quality denim available for under 200 euros. (About 260 USD -- APC's are 135 euros = 185 or so USD). I've finally worn my BiG N-02s down to the point where they're too faded for work. So, I'm looking for APC-style denim, i.e. no embellishments, that I can try on here in Paris. The Rocker Speed Shop or whatever it's called in the Marais has...
Here's a pic of my well-worn sun forger S2W8 fishing bag. Perfect size to hold lunch and a small umbrella. btw it's a small bag, about 10 inches across.