or Connect

Posts by Peter1

We are going the civil litigation route at this point, but what is to stop anyone from opening up a criminal case with the South Korea natiional police? Here is an online form for complaints. If 160 people fill this in.... http://www.police.go.kr/eng/main/contents.do?menuNo=500031 Once we collate a PP list, that would serve as an excellent data base for our accusations. HOWEVER -- because I generally don't want anyone to go to a criminal trial unless all other avenues...
Nah, just standard expat behavior. We think neither the rules in our new country nor the ones at home apply to us...
I'm sure that everyone understands this. It's why we dropped hundreds of dollars to what was, essentially, nothing more than a PayPal address. Unfortunately, it's also, as you pointed out, why we let him wriggle off the hook numerous times in the past year or so.@palma: how about a 10-minute cooling-off period?
I agree -- but at some point in the past 18 months did nothing strike them as amiss?
I have a slightly gentler take on this, @LibertineSeoul. I do believe that the partners went into business in good faith. Hard to say the start-up money was illicit -- we have no idea what each partner contributed and whether Drew's share was primarily services or capital.But...Please know that The Libertine Bar and Kitchen is comprised of 5 ownership partners and a staff of 12, all of whom have no connection to TOJ nor have had any knowledge of Drew’s mishandling of TOJ...
My quick calculation of the first spreadsheet six months ago was over $200k in outstanding orders, so this isn't surprising. Bet there's a fair amount more to come.
I noticed that too, Brad, just as you were pointing it out. It's like, "Gotta make up some crap to keep the peasants happy."
On reflection, I should have left you out of it. In the heat of the moment -- and on the web -- it's easy to post first and think later.
They aren't assumptions -- it's called healthy skepticism after learning that just about everything we were told about ToJ isn't true.I feel like a dupe, and I hate feeling that way. I'm sure you do too.Thanks for providing further details.Peter
51 krayzeez (1490) 52 510kut ($1065) 53 nbird ($795) 54 goofy12 ($780) 55 PDinh (1650 United States dollars) 56 Kontos ($450) 57 Yohans301 (780) 58 ro0ts ($741) 59 Gerry Nelson ($885) 60 dieworkwear ($820) 61 panthermodern ($830) 62 darkdestiny ($795) 63 kwonster ($830) 64 ButterToast ($380) 65 hennree ($780) 66 x3tng ($380) 67 Peter1 ($870) on it..