or Connect

Posts by Peter1

Obivously I'm just an occasional lurker on this and the mod thread, but I find the socioeconomic and political origins of these styles fascinating. We yanks don't even bother with that except for some of the more extreme trad/prep fans. (and a true trad/prep wouldn't even think of that either -- the idea is that you wear the clothes because, well, that's what you wear. no furthe reflection needed). Anyway, keep it up...
Question about the new Epaulet Gitmans -- does the cut differ in any way from standard GBV? What are some of the other detail differences? (I.e., still split yoke, 3rd collar button?) I ask because GBV mediums fit me perfectly, except the sleeves are a tad long. Thanks in advance!
That's a steal. Manufactum has great make ups but also is costly. Good find.
You're right, they absolutely do, maybe more of a slim tapered -- as do a few others, but I'm not sure they have a sub-7" hem like Dior 17cm.
A half an inch is actually a full inch, given that you're measuring them flat. But I think it wouldn't make much of a difference., it sort of depends on how the thighs fit.Also if you are hemming that much you'll want to measure where that would fall, so your actual leg opening might be as much as 8-8.5" unless they fall straight from the knee.It is difficult to find raw japanese denim in a good slim tapered cut -- I'm actually not sure that's where I'd look for a cut you...
^^Now all we need in this thread is a McArthur who collects Vibergs instead of Aldens, preferably in a 9 or 9.5...
Bandwagon jumper here.I don't really go for the White's/Engineer boots aesthetic. I'm not a lumberjack, never will be, nor do I want to look like an extra from The Wild One. I always lumped Viberg into that look, but seeing the sample sale opened my eyes to the possibilities of alternative leathers on traditional lasts, so I plumped for the waxed flesh pre-order here.Good for Guy Ferguson and Brett Viberg for keeping the brand vital. Now of course the trick is to keep...
Those look great. I'm weighing an investment in a pair of old-school hikers, maybe these, maybe Paraboot Avoriaz. Would want a smooth leather though. I've got a very useful pair of Garmont in nubuck that haven't aged very well aesthetically given that I apply waterproofing every 6 months.I think you'll be happier with the last D-ring. My longstanding complaint about most hiking boots (and I do hike, a lot) is that the last speed hook isn't very secure, and if you catch the...
No, I don't think I'm getting a comparable product if I spend $80 on a BB shirt. (Although I do own half -a dozen of their slim fit OCBDs)Maybe I didn't understand what you meant about undifferentiated. What I meant was that -- and maybe it's too simplistic -- is that when you're talking about something that's largely a commodity (in this case, a quality button down, or perhaps journalism) you want the buying experience to be easy and risk-free. I'm arguing that the tote...
Yes and no. I'd argue that you can buy a quality tailored button-down made in the US from any number of companies, starting with Brooks Brothers (so long as you buy an OCBD) up to Band of Outsiders/EG etc. In fact as Mauro said WvG shares fabrics with some of those makers.The tote program benefit only pays for itself if you can save as much or more than the initial buy in price. In other words, I pay $100, but what if I then buy a $50 T-shirt for half off? Unless I'm...