or Connect

Posts by Peter1

Quote: Originally Posted by wEstSidE you think 501s havent changed over the years? To clarify, I meant both in the wearing and in the cut. You can wear them tight and tapered like Joey Ramone or droopy anti-fit like the kids I see on the A train. Or flare them like my mom did in the 60s by cutting the side seams and sewing in a triangular shaped patch of batik.
Quote: Originally Posted by Teger any active coupons? Seconded. I just missed the 30% off earlier this week.
Any wide deviation from the 501 fit qualifies as a trend, and thus is era-dependent. In the late 60s/early 70s the style was skinny as eff to the knee, then a big flare. And reference the Ramones in 1978...ouch...those are basic 501s sized down like 3... It's also true that spandex will make skinny jeans pretty comfortable. As has been pointed out before nearly all women's jeans have 1-2%. Women hate diaper butt more than men...
Quote: Originally Posted by 1up Not entirely sure how to wear a chambray, just a noob trying to learn. Tried between 2 ideas. I think the 2nd one matches the use for a chambray work shirt, and the boots seem fitting to the style. The first one I like as well though, maybe it matches the grey jeans better. Thoughts? i think you want to button it..."work" shirts are meant to be buttoned so you're not (in theory) getting yourself sucked...
^^ top and bottom are two different looks. I like each, but not together. Top is super clean -- varsity and white T are perfect together, bottom is a little "dirty." Would look great with Uniqlo MiJ denim and some sort of kicks.
Quote: Originally Posted by .Impulsv I think he's asking about high-contrast fading behind the knees like raw denim, not overall fading in general. You can do the same thing with washed jeans as you do raw denim; if you go without washing them for long periods of time, you will get the same fades. It just won't be nearly as contrasting due to the softness of the material. I second this, but something about the rigid non-STF seems to...
When I trained at that ungodly hour I just slammed a cup of coffee. No way did I feel like eating. You are not going to dehydrate yourself, but you may need to evacuate your bowels after about 20 minutes. If you really think you need some calories, try a glass of flavored kefir. Or maybe a banana.
Not gonna read the whole thread...but since you asked for advice: 1) Join a gym. You need an iron will to work out effectively at home. 2) Get a baseline on heart rate/bodyfat etc. Also, if you really haven't worked out/trained/exercised...get a physical. Just make sure there's no warning signs that a simple test will uncover. 3) Try a Strike class (combo of aerobic/core/boxing, but always moving) or another multidiscipline class. 3x45 minutes a week will get you...
Quote: Originally Posted by plantifff Bump, because I have similar hair (curly coarse black) and I don't know what the hell to do with it besides slapping some fiber on it and hoping for the best. I've grown mine out in the past, but you will need liberal applications of some sort of curl definer. I also found that washing only 2x/week keeps the frizz in check. Now that I'm starting to thin on top I keep it the same length as the OP....
Quote: Originally Posted by Rambo Is there anything worth buying? IMO, the lightweight chamois shirt and the new henleys. But I wouldn't call them either fashionable or stylish... Overall the S/S line is a disappointment. The colors are pretty depressing...too much muted plaids. I'd like to see a lightweight slim fit chino made out of the old 65/35 fabric LLB used to use on their basic chinos, the ones with the wide belt loops.