or Connect

Posts by Peter1

Quote: Originally Posted by vicesman Hey guys I usually wear jeans but I want to order the j crew slim urban chino. I've never tried on anything from j crew before. My true waist size is 31.5 but usually buy my jeans size 30. (Levis stf, Gap)I have a Lee 101 size 29 that fits great) I wear 31 in dickies work pants. What size should I get for j crew chino? I'm thinking 31? . Order 30 and 31, and return the one that doesn't fit. $6 return...
Quote: Originally Posted by zerostyle Hi, I'm looking for suggestions for the best cheap/inexpensive slim fitting blazers. The idea is to have a few to wear to the bars where I don't care if they are spilled on/etc. H&M? Banana? Zara? Topman? Doesn't have to be great, but also shouldn't fall apart. Looking to spend between $50 - $100 max. (Thrift stores are an option, but let's skip them for now because my 38S size is hard to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Cacatfish The only sneaker I've thought did anything for a fit was vans. At least they have some historical cache to them. Never been impressed by cp, nb or any of the ridiculous, velcro'd up Jane Fonda jazzercize holdovers so popular right now. A little late to this discussion, but NB has as much cachet as Vans, if not more. When I was a kid in the 70s and 80s (ahem), NB's were only worn by the rich kids b/c they...
Quote: Originally Posted by wEstSidE you think 501s havent changed over the years? To clarify, I meant both in the wearing and in the cut. You can wear them tight and tapered like Joey Ramone or droopy anti-fit like the kids I see on the A train. Or flare them like my mom did in the 60s by cutting the side seams and sewing in a triangular shaped patch of batik.
Quote: Originally Posted by Teger any active coupons? Seconded. I just missed the 30% off earlier this week.
Any wide deviation from the 501 fit qualifies as a trend, and thus is era-dependent. In the late 60s/early 70s the style was skinny as eff to the knee, then a big flare. And reference the Ramones in 1978...ouch...those are basic 501s sized down like 3... It's also true that spandex will make skinny jeans pretty comfortable. As has been pointed out before nearly all women's jeans have 1-2%. Women hate diaper butt more than men...
Quote: Originally Posted by 1up Not entirely sure how to wear a chambray, just a noob trying to learn. Tried between 2 ideas. I think the 2nd one matches the use for a chambray work shirt, and the boots seem fitting to the style. The first one I like as well though, maybe it matches the grey jeans better. Thoughts? i think you want to button it..."work" shirts are meant to be buttoned so you're not (in theory) getting yourself sucked...
^^ top and bottom are two different looks. I like each, but not together. Top is super clean -- varsity and white T are perfect together, bottom is a little "dirty." Would look great with Uniqlo MiJ denim and some sort of kicks.
Quote: Originally Posted by .Impulsv I think he's asking about high-contrast fading behind the knees like raw denim, not overall fading in general. You can do the same thing with washed jeans as you do raw denim; if you go without washing them for long periods of time, you will get the same fades. It just won't be nearly as contrasting due to the softness of the material. I second this, but something about the rigid non-STF seems to...
When I trained at that ungodly hour I just slammed a cup of coffee. No way did I feel like eating. You are not going to dehydrate yourself, but you may need to evacuate your bowels after about 20 minutes. If you really think you need some calories, try a glass of flavored kefir. Or maybe a banana.