or Connect

Posts by Peter1

Reviving this thread to see if anyone has any other suggestions. I'd love the Mackintosh slim fit that Epaulet is selling -- but $995 is way, way out of my price range (thinking 150-300). http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-1368/Epaulet-x-Mackintosh-Dowanhill/Detail I've found this, but would prefer gray or slate rather than navy: http://www.clubmonaco.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12473654&cp=12243591.12280933.12454393&ab=ln_men_apparel_outerwear Any other...
Please take this as the public service for which it is intended -- but if you take this to a knitting store that hole can be repaired rather inexpensively.
Replace the purple V-neck with a slim white oxford and hem the pants, and it's a winner. T-shirts and brogues = Not Good. They're still dress shoes.
That 30-inch inseam is odd. I don't believe the $178 MiUSA selvedge comes in 30, at least not listed on the Levi's site. Maybe it was an older release? A 30-inch inseam for unsanforized denim is insane, as entrero and Whodini pointed out. Hmmm...bootleg? I love a good denim mystery.
Yes, a pic would be helpful. But I think the easiest way -- assuming they're not vintage -- is to see where they were made. Levis has made selvage in 2 places recently - USA and Mexico. I found a pair of BNWOT hecho en Mexico 501s for $20 at a thrift sale a few months ago. I think they retailed at $98 whereas the MiUSA ones are $178.(If they're really vintage, and a size 32, I'll take them off your hands for %10 over what you paid...just trying to help here...)
I've had good luck with Woolite, heavily diluted, and a gentle sponge. I spilled chili (microwaved too much, reflexively dropped the bowl to avoid 3rd degree burns) on the calf/cuff of a pair of raws a few months ago. I soaked just the lower leg in a pail with lukewarm water and the Woolite and gently rubbed the stain. I didn't notice much if any indigo loss. I've used that a couple of times for spot cleaning, most recently on bicycle grease, and would recommend it.As to...
Are you sure they weren't cords? Levis 514 corduroy are 61/39. And they suck. I bought a pair last year and they wore thru in about 30 wears. Levi's mainline just pisses me off so much.
Skinny, because I only wear ties when I go out -- to me a skinny (more like narrow) tie and coat with slender lapels is more "going out on the town" than a traditional width tie/lapel combo. For about 10 years I wore trad width ties from BB and Talbott almost exclusively to work. One day in the mid-90s, the big boss looked over her glasses at me in a meeting (I was almost certainly wearing charcoal wool slacks, a white OCBD and a Talbott repp tie -- hey, got to have a...
Hee - hee. Just saw this thread. Has the OP made the 4th button yet? I have a pair of N-02's. No way are they going to stretch anything like APC. It's unsanforized 16oz denim. (As an aside, mine are coming along nicely -- the fabric is thick and tough, but with a soft hand almost like moleskin. But you definitely want these to fit well out of the box -- I've soaked once and washed once, both in cold, and both times the waist shrank like a MF. Stretched back to original...
Ditto. But I'm thinking I may take the plunge on SS12 fatigues. I can see myself wearing them untucked and rolled with mocs or canvas sneakers this summer. I have a pair of EG painter pants from 09 or 10 that fit similarly and have learned to embrace the drape...I also think olive reversed sateen is just a great fabric. I'm still waiting for EG to reissue the desert pants in that.