or Connect

Posts by Peter1

Quote: Originally Posted by grit This is a good point. Does anyone know of a tailoring solution to mitigate the flare? Or are quarter-top pockets really the only way to go? I can't think of one. The other problem with side seam pockets is that stuff can fall out more easily. There is a reason that fine MC slacks are nearly universally quarter top. I don't have a lot of "rules" for clothing, but "no side-seam pockets" is one that I won't...
The loose pants are interesting. I wonder if others will tilt toward stovepipe legs.
I think the fit pic on the Baron Wells chinos (as well as the Unises) shows why quarter-top pockets work better than side seam ones -- you always have some sort of flare, and it only gets worse as the pocket fabric stretches from repeatedly putting your hand in and taking it out. It's especially noticeable on slim fitting pants, in which you really want to have a clean line from waist to hem. I only buy quarter-top pants (like EP's) now.
So...here is the $150 question: Do the double soled mocs have any usefulness in the city? I can't really get a straight answer (though I did see a guy wearing them on 9th ave in Chelsea the other day.) I don't really want to buy a pair of glorified bedroom slippers that I can't wear outside. Would they just get permanently mucked up by walked around the subway stations?
check your pm's. I'm interested. Thanks.
Quote: Originally Posted by tv2177 seriously? jcrew just raised their price on stanton pants from $69 -> $75. Thanks in part to unrest in Egypt the price of cotton has shot up.
Eh, don't let the haters get you down. Get your hustle on and move here! You can find a decent room around Columbia U. on the Upper West Side for $6-800 a month, esp. around end of semesters. If I were you I'd target early summer for arrival...lots of summer spaces open up on short notice, plus summer jobs/temp work picks up. Cost of living is whatever you want it to be, esp. if you know how to cook. There's a ton of free fun stuff all summer long -- concerts, film,...
Flatbillers FTW!
Luckily there aren't any logs to split nearby. These guys would lay some serious hurt on them.
Quote: Originally Posted by Fycus smh thats ridiculous , I feel like a lot of the pieces I buy that are high maintenance end up getting ruined if I am forced to wash them do to a stain or something. I hear you. The cold, short, gentle cycle is your friend. I also put my loose-weave shirts in my wife's lingerie mesh bags (good for them to hang out with a bra and other naughty bits once in a while...). That way there's nearly no chance of...