or Connect

Posts by Peter1

Funny how Flying Lotus' head-to-to EG fit wins raves but Timpoblete's doesn't. EG is weird in a good way. I've been trying to explain to my wife why I like it so much -- it's like an alternate reality version of really boring clothes. That's the only way I can articulate it. Of course that means some pieces can come off as, well, boring. Someone described it as not working on skinny guys -- but I think it's works for everyone, you just have to play around with...
Best: Muji, Brooks Brothers MiUSA OCBDs, Levi's denim, Red Wing. Worst: JCrew at full retail. I don't think designer/fashion brands should be part of the discussion. You're not paying for the qualities that go into "bang for the buck," but rather for style, which isn't really quantifiable in $$.
Quote: Originally Posted by asobu flyinglotus, I like this a lot. You post a lot of good stuff. Fits great, and kudos for wearing together. I wonder if untucking the shirt would'nt break things up a bit? Or maybe showing some shirt cuff?
That's too bad...he was undone by the fact that the Gap brand itself is pretty toxic -- and the quality still sucks. If you actually look at the clothes Gap put out under him it's a huge step forward (new denim fits, slimmer khakis). But I just don't see Gap as being hugely profitable ever again.
Quote: Originally Posted by scitsilyts [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/4lQrv.jpg wtaps trojan wtaps m-65 hanes t nbhd denim ursus manhunts porter tanker waist bag That M-65 is groovy. A lot of the Wtaps stuff is a little too GI Joe for me but that hits the spot. Hope you post more.
Stop by Nepenthes and try on the EG workday denim. It's a straight/slim fit, very basic but it's one-wash so bleeding shouldn't be a problem. Believe it's under $200. Really nice color; maybe not as swanky as Momo/RJB but if you're looking...
Quote: Originally Posted by HuggyGiraffe Hi, did anyone here purchase this season's ripstop USN pant? I am trying to find out about the fit. In most stores, the description is that it's a "regular" fit, but judging from the pictures, they look very wide from the knee down, almost like a bell bottom (see attached pic), and most of the time, they are worn rolled up on these pictures which makes it hard to tell. Unfortunately, I don't live near any store...
Quote: Originally Posted by Alex C Does Levi's regularly have this much difference in their denim quality without saying anything about it? I can't find anything on their website other than regular vs. selvedge. Any tips? Or should I just be buying different jeans? They use better quality denim for collabs (BB, JC, Billy Reid) but often the same cut. As for mainline denim, it's pretty hard to tell. You'd think that the new MiUSA 501s...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fuuma The main problem with MC-casual-light is that it sucks, it is a really uninteresting aesthetic (note that I didn't say MC sucked) and is like the zip sweater of fashion styles. Doesn't have to be if it fits and is good quality, and you consider color and texture. You can wear APC's vs Gap denim or Gitman vintage vs. Banana Republic, and you'll be miles ahead of most people but still "fit in" if that's what...
Quote: Originally Posted by gladhands I look forward to the day when I can return to a more normal existence. Most of those things are not possible with a newborn. It's not even easy to go grocery shopping at this stage. Actually newborns are great. You can take them anywhere so long as your wife is lactating. Seriously, get an ErgoBaby or baby Bjorn and strap that sucker on. It's when they get old enough to demand things that you really...