or Connect

Posts by Peter1

Quote: Originally Posted by karmaguy sorry I'm not familiar with EG's pants but how slim fitting are the the desert pants? specifically these I actually bought a pair last winter from Nepenthes but returned them. I found the top block too small...i usually wear a 32 in EG. I never tried the 34s but I suspect the waist would have been too big. Most EG pants fit a bit loose, but these were the opposite. I'd proceed with caution if you're...
All over the board for me and I've been shopping there for 25 years, first with my father at the old Philadelphia and New York stores, then at various in NJ and NYC. Doesn't seem to matter what I'm wearing, either. I do note that if I go there with a specific request I'm treated better, for example, "I'm looking for a hopsack blazer in 40R." I think it's just typical of big corporations: some employees care more or are more perceptive than others. Don't take it...
Quote: Originally Posted by tween_spirit Thanks guys, yeah I really like the pants, I just can't decide if I "$250 like them" They're super light weight and would be awesome for summer, but they are sort of high waisted and cinch-back so I don't know if I would wear them as much to work as I would like, and that's what I got them for. Kinda thought they looked weird with a shirt tucked in but it could be just because I was wearing that heavy...
^^Thanks for the reply. I'll check them out. Cheers!
Does any retailer sell the tan suede Maliseet with a red camp sole? Sorry if this is a simple question, hard to keep track of who is selling what...alternatively, seems like it could be a custom option. (Edit: If not Quoddy, does anyone else sell a tan suede blucher moc with red camp sole...) Thanks in advance, Peter
Does anyone make these in tan suede with a red camp sole? (Possibly Quoddy Maliseet, but without the scalloped edges around the foot opening) I'd prefer MiUSA handsewn. I also like the profile of the Eastland Made in Maine/Oak St./Epaulet. http://www.eastlandshoe.com/M37/getstyle/M/25/0/7800 Thanks in advance
So...you'd cuff them to show the selvedge line? Hmmm...I wear a lot of cutoffs -- mostly khakis/fatigues just cuz i'm cheap, and the appeal of cutoffs to me is the IDGAF-ness. Cuffing shorts seems to run against that. Jean shorts can be OK the most casual of situations provided they're not too tight...YMMV, of course. Edit: Now see your WAWT photo: That actually looks like something someone would buy. Very tidily done.
Quote: Originally Posted by aizan go to a tailor that specializes in denim. i got the seat taken in (de-anti-fitted) and legs slightly narrowed (and tapered below the knee) at denim revival for $50. So you made them into 511's. Seriously, Levi's needs to make a STF in 514 and 511 cuts. The 501 is a classic but you either need to have a tiny waist or sturdy legs to make them look good. 511 is nearly a perfect fit for me if I go TTS. 514 is...
Quote: Originally Posted by MarineHillsTuff I'm comfortably a 36'' waist now. I have very broad shoulders from sports a few years ago, and still have a pretty massive chest at about 48''. I'm not "fat" .. Just a little bit of a gut. Which will go away by winter (working hard on that as well). I've thought a lot about this as well... I guess with that much more information, what do you think? 48" chest is going to eliminate a lot of brands...
I'm gonna say that you need to decide which you want to do first: Get yourself in shape or get new clothes. Because if you ditch your old gear and spend $$ on clothing, then lose weight or change your shape thru lifting, you're going to have to start from scratch again. Before you decide, know that a lot of fashion/style clothing cuts are based on physically fit or slender fit models. IMO a better investment than clothing or a personal shopper would be a personal...