or Connect

Posts by Peter1

Quote: Originally Posted by reedobandito Bananagrabber, your avatar/name are hilarious. Arrested is, hands down, the best comedy of all time. I've been strongly considering kopping Saturday Surf's slim chinos, they look really quality and are at a reasonable price point: http://www.saturdaysnyc.com/item/dora-chino-pant Anyone have any experience? Saw them, but I think -- for my $$ -- I'll spend another $20-30 and get another pair of...
If you can get to a Muji, their boxer briefs are pretty great for $9.50 or so. Lo-pro waistband, button fly, soft n stretchy.
Not really an observation, but a suggestion: Took my wife to Jean Shop yesterday for new denim, and she wound up getting the men's Rocker, in size 27. They fit her perfectly and another lady was admiring them -- but when my wife told her they were men's, she made sort of an "ewww" face. I think a lot of women would go for raw denim if they'd try on the small men's sizes. A slim straight cut like the men's Rocker is pretty hard to find for women -- all the cuts are either...
Quote: Originally Posted by NAMOR i should have kept these. now i just have BB credit laying around and this would have been the perfect spring/summer shoe But no. You would have gnashed your teeth every time you saw the loose stitching and dye overrun. I'm of the opinion that when it comes to things you WANT rather than NEED, that you shouldn't compromise -- even if it means you have to save another $300.
Quote: Originally Posted by Magician no one cares about your khakis and button down Maybe not -- but there's value in seeing how these particular brands' take on the basics look and fit. (IMO white bucks + brown belt = bad. Light bucks work with a canvas/nylon/GTH belt, or no belt/socks at all. )
Meet Mr. Troll. The overly precise phrasing and the apparently well-reasoned argument that on second read is clearly sophistry is a dead giveaway. I love trolls because the challenge is figuring out what their motivation is -- this guy seems to really dislike A-E for some reason. The trolls who just stir up shit for no reason are the really interesting ones. Now sock puppets -- that is some next-level shit.
Funny how Flying Lotus' head-to-to EG fit wins raves but Timpoblete's doesn't. EG is weird in a good way. I've been trying to explain to my wife why I like it so much -- it's like an alternate reality version of really boring clothes. That's the only way I can articulate it. Of course that means some pieces can come off as, well, boring. Someone described it as not working on skinny guys -- but I think it's works for everyone, you just have to play around with...
Best: Muji, Brooks Brothers MiUSA OCBDs, Levi's denim, Red Wing. Worst: JCrew at full retail. I don't think designer/fashion brands should be part of the discussion. You're not paying for the qualities that go into "bang for the buck," but rather for style, which isn't really quantifiable in $$.
Quote: Originally Posted by asobu flyinglotus, I like this a lot. You post a lot of good stuff. Fits great, and kudos for wearing together. I wonder if untucking the shirt would'nt break things up a bit? Or maybe showing some shirt cuff?
That's too bad...he was undone by the fact that the Gap brand itself is pretty toxic -- and the quality still sucks. If you actually look at the clothes Gap put out under him it's a huge step forward (new denim fits, slimmer khakis). But I just don't see Gap as being hugely profitable ever again.