or Connect

Posts by Peter1

Quote: Originally Posted by HuggyGiraffe Hi, did anyone here purchase this season's ripstop USN pant? I am trying to find out about the fit. In most stores, the description is that it's a "regular" fit, but judging from the pictures, they look very wide from the knee down, almost like a bell bottom (see attached pic), and most of the time, they are worn rolled up on these pictures which makes it hard to tell. Unfortunately, I don't live near any store...
Quote: Originally Posted by Alex C Does Levi's regularly have this much difference in their denim quality without saying anything about it? I can't find anything on their website other than regular vs. selvedge. Any tips? Or should I just be buying different jeans? They use better quality denim for collabs (BB, JC, Billy Reid) but often the same cut. As for mainline denim, it's pretty hard to tell. You'd think that the new MiUSA 501s...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fuuma The main problem with MC-casual-light is that it sucks, it is a really uninteresting aesthetic (note that I didn't say MC sucked) and is like the zip sweater of fashion styles. Doesn't have to be if it fits and is good quality, and you consider color and texture. You can wear APC's vs Gap denim or Gitman vintage vs. Banana Republic, and you'll be miles ahead of most people but still "fit in" if that's what...
Quote: Originally Posted by gladhands I look forward to the day when I can return to a more normal existence. Most of those things are not possible with a newborn. It's not even easy to go grocery shopping at this stage. Actually newborns are great. You can take them anywhere so long as your wife is lactating. Seriously, get an ErgoBaby or baby Bjorn and strap that sucker on. It's when they get old enough to demand things that you really...
Been there. My kids are now 3 and 5 and just last year did I start buying "nice" casual clothes again. I basically realized about 6 months after our first child was born that it was going to be all I could do to be presentable and semi-alert at work. I spent way too many hours on my hands and knees in various playgrounds/sandboxes/dirt piles to even think about wearing anything other than cheap Levis/Chippewas and gray/brown/black T-shirts. Now I'm moving into EG and...
Quote: Originally Posted by kb11235 I am looking for a new watch. After seeing Uniform Wares on gq a few weeks ago, I have been quite interested. What are your opinions on these? ...or should I just stick with a Hamilton like this or this? Feel free to recommend anything that might be better. I bought my wife a NOS Hamilton military watch for about $200 and change. That's my recommendation. Of course if you want a watch that actually...
Quote: Originally Posted by db_ggmm Need to know how much the American Apparel "work pant" is vanity sized, thx plz. do you mean the cotton canvas/duck ones? I think you need to try it on, or order a couple of different sizes. Reason I say this is that I tried a 32 (TTS) and it was tight...but then a 33 was huge. then I tried a 32 in the color I didn't want, and it fit...so I think the problem is QC as much as vanity sizing. The SA told me...
Quote: Originally Posted by Chico2007 If you have a Marshall's or TJMaxx near you they usually have some Ralph Lauren Polo "custom fit" shirts for $34.99. I love them. Slim, but not restrictive. I also bought two Hilfiger Slim Fit dress shirts for $21.99 a piece. They fit me very well. Not top quality, but I like them for everyday "if these get trashed no big deal" action. I absolutely second this re Polo. However, if you hate the little man...
Quote: Originally Posted by kixslf 2 Tone Camp Moc Shouldn't that be 3-tone?
Quote: Originally Posted by officeboy I go back and forth, but generally end up doing my own ironing. (The cleaners are just too far for regular work like shirts) It's not that I can't press it nice and crisp, but that the interfacing or whatever makes it stiff inside has had a crease worn into it and no amount of pressing will keep it propped back up. I've added a line where the fold usually is, it will cause the whole top of the color to droop down on...